VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you running a K04, how much boost are you peaking and how much are you holding?
Please specify which engine you have and which chip you have as well (and if you have other mods such as 360cc injectors and 3" MAF) and please specify which N75 valve you are running.
I did run a search but all I found was generic info about the different K04 kits. Please stay on topic and no "skip the k04" replies.
Thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by epunk at 10:01 AM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Re: K04 - How much boost are you running? (epunk)

I spike at 1.5bar, holding 1 to redline.
Its an APH with just APR K03 91 software with N75 J.

·
Registered
243 Posts

I am running a K04, OEM downpipe, oem N75 and oem inyectors, boosting to a 22 psi spike and settling on 20 then tapering off to 11 at redline..........
Only concern so far is that I am getting a DTC code maf voltage too high, aparently because I have an AGU engine code and there might be some kind of limiting, my tuner did other 2 cars but they were german made, mine is brazilian. We are going to try a german ecu on my car this week. I only hit soft limp if I stand on the gas at low rpms.....other than that, I think it is a very good upgrade for a regular K03, specially if yoy broke yours........
My tuner got negligible power differences between a K03s car and a K04 car........

Hope this helps.......

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Re: K04 - How much boost are you running? (MugenGTI)

Quote, originally posted by MugenGTI »
Only concern so far is that I am getting a DTC code maf voltage too high, aparently because I have an AGU engine code

That's because your maf readings are being maxed out, AGU's Mafs read much less that 180HP mafs, I suggest you to try the 2.75" VR6 maf housing, 310cc injectors and K04 software written for the 310cc, and put on a wideband to check A/F ratios don't forget your stock fueling system comes with 205cc injectors @ 3bar.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

I'm running 1.65 bar peak, 1.2 bar sustained on the standard N75.
1.85-1.89 bar peak, 1.3 bar sustained on either the 'J' or 'H' N75.
2001 Audi S3 quattro...AMK engine, standard K04, standard injectors (maxed out), standard MAF, modified airbox, modified turbo pipework, custom SMIC & FMIC run in series.
Inlet charge temperature is never more than 23-24 degrees celcius on the dyno, even running over 1.85 bar peak boost.
Been running this sort of boost for 2 years now...

Modified by Ess Three at 12:01 AM 5-24-2004

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: K04 - How much boost are you running? (Rippinralf)

So say, to run 1.86bar (27 psi) and redline at 1.1bar (16psi), would you upgrade your stock MAF housing and injectors to TT225 3" MAF and TT225 injectors? Or would stock injectors, stock MAF and 4bar FPR work (on N75J valve)?
Thanks for the replies guys. Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
6,339 Posts

ko4
upsolute ko3s software
mbc boosvalve w/ lowboost spring
3" atp dp/2.5" tectonics catback
k&n
running mbc alone boost spike to 21 psi, holds on 18 from 3.5krpm 70 5.5krpm
w/ mbc inline with N75H valve it spikes 23-24 psi, cycles 15psi-20psi up to 5.5krpm.
w/ mbc inline with N75C valve spikes 21 psi holds 15 psi from 3.5krpm-5.5krpm
the highest boost that I can set the mbc is at 18psi with the low boost springs, need to tinker with diodes now.the high boost springs is a pain to adjust.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Re: K04 - How much boost are you running? (omllenado)

What kind of HP/TQ are you getting from your k04s? With 3" exhaust, intake and proper software what kind of gains over the k04?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Re: K04 - How much boost are you running? (Johnny Blaze)

im very interested to see more #s and suggestions as i am putting a ko4 on next week. Also where can i get a 225tt 3inch maf housing.....and will my maf fit in the housing or do i have to upgrade that too?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (D4RK20v)

a little clarification, I'm asking for people with the K04-001 turbo.
Thanks for all the replies guys, keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

Spikes - well, it pegs my 25psi gauge at low rpm, so I'd say 27-28psi.
20psi at 5K rpm, and maybe 14-15 at redline (6.5K).

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: K04 - How much boost are you running? (dbrowne1)

Quote, originally posted by dbrowne1 »
Spikes - well, it pegs my 25psi gauge at low rpm, so I'd say 27-28psi.
20psi at 5K rpm, and maybe 14-15 at redline (6.5K).

which software do you run? stock injectors and stock MAF?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

Quote, originally posted by epunk »

which software do you run? stock injectors and stock MAF?

Stock MAF, stock injectors, 4bar fpr. At 4 bar my injectors push 369cc/min according to APR's tests.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: K04 - How much boost are you running? (omllenado)

Quote, originally posted by omllenado »
are you running apr's ko4 software?. I'm at 18psi from 3krpm-5krpm right now, mbc only, upsolute ko3s, 3"dp/2.5"catback

APR doesn't have software for my engine code. I am running the GIAC K04 software and a manual pressure regulator as a boost controller, N75 is completely removed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts