VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been collecting parts to replace my dying k03 (which just started a nasty grinding noise under boost) with a new K04-001. This new turbo is kind of oddly shaped, and the outlet size is 1 7/8" in diameter (external).

I'm also installing a FMIC with 2.5" piping and I'm not quite sure how to connect these together. I tested to see if a 2" would even be feasible, but its way too loose to even try to clamp it down. I'm not sure how big the outer barrel on the outlet of the turbo is, but I think its 4". Any ideas how to attach this thing? I've got 2 weeks to chase down the part so I can do my tedious install. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Re: k04 to intercooler coupling (VWBugman00)

Quote, originally posted by VWBugman00 »
So I've been collecting parts to replace my dying k03 (which just started a nasty grinding noise under boost) with a new K04-001. This new turbo is kind of oddly shaped, and the outlet size is 1 7/8" in diameter (external).

I'm also installing a FMIC with 2.5" piping and I'm not quite sure how to connect these together. I tested to see if a 2" would even be feasible, but its way too loose to even try to clamp it down. I'm not sure how big the outer barrel on the outlet of the turbo is, but I think its 4". Any ideas how to attach this thing? I've got 2 weeks to chase down the part so I can do my tedious install. thanks for your help.

K04s look like this:

What's the part # on your turbo? The outlet should be 2" on a K04.

·
Registered
8,031 Posts
Re: (VWBugman00)

Quote, originally posted by VWBugman00 »
06A-145-713-D

thats a k03s part #.
specifically from a jetta wagon.

Modified by water&air at 10:52 AM 6-3-2009

1 - 4 of 4 Posts