VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm considering getting a Mk2 TT and wondering if anyone has had experience hauling kayaks on their roof racks. I'd be going from a sportwagen so I am curious if you can even fit 2 of the thule style kayak racks width-wise on the cross bars and how they handle at highway speeds

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Hello,

I'm considering getting a Mk2 TT and wondering if anyone has had experience hauling kayaks on their roof racks. I'd be going from a sportwagen so I am curious if you can even fit 2 of the thule style kayak racks width-wise on the cross bars and how they handle at highway speeds

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks!
Found this on Google so it's been done. If it were me I would have tied down the bow and stern to the front and rear of the car to eliminate any vibration when accelerating or braking on the hwy, but it looks pretty solid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Out of the 21 houses on my immediate street that have water access with docks, only 7 have boats and 1 has a jetski. Only about 2 or 3 of those 7 actually use their best kayaks on a regular or semi-regular basis.
I assume southwest Florida? Maybe we should talk. We are thinking of becoming snowbirds now in our 30s. I'd like to boat longer than the 3 months here in Vermont.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.