VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2001 A4 has 6 months left of warranty, it's a 5-speed , 35k miles, sport package , Bose, tint, no xenons or ESP. I could do a few mods or put out a few grand and have 4yr/50k warranty and all the GLI goodies. Any helpful thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Re: Keep Audi A4 or buy 1.8T GLI? ([email protected])

I say, if you've got the money, definitely go with the GLI. The A4 is nothing special and, being a 337 owner, I think the GLI offers you a lot more than the A4. Besides, an A4 is going to make heads turn but a GLI sure will with its more unique styling cues.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Re: Keep Audi A4 or buy 1.8T GLI? ([email protected])

We bought our new GLI 3 weeks ago and haven't regretted it for a moment. We traded in our '99 Passat. I did like the luxury feel of the Passat (it was fully loaded), the room and feel of it, but this GLi rocks! The main reason we traded in was the warranty. The Passat had a lot of little electrical problems that we causing so major headaches. Given that we live three hours from the closest VW dealer, I was getting tired of the bills and the down time. There is a LOT to be said for a warranty and roadside assistance. We went to the dealer last time after towing the Passat there, and looked at the new Passats, Golfs, and Jettas. The salesman took us out back where three GLi's had just come off the truck (their first shipment), still wearing their proctective plastic and all. I was blown away by the style and features. Then, one drive and we were hooked. Three weeks and 900 miles later I am loving the look, feel and everything about this car. I'd say go for the GLi. Whatever your decision, good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts