VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interior is constantly dirty! I am constantly drinking coffee and other juices that come in cans. Are well thought out cupholders
just dont do the job. Liquids are constantly spilling out or splashing.
Anyways, i need tips on how to remove this stuff properly. Also I can not keep my dash board and all my nooks and crannies clean. They are always dusty no matter what I do.
Help a brother out!

TIA
Justin

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: Keep interior clean. Tips needed. (JustinVW)

I would get yourself some Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus. If you can't find this product--something along the lines of Simple Green would work. Dilute the product according to directions.
Get some MF towels--even cheap ones found at the Dollar Store or Walmart will work for interior cleaning. Also a old toothbrush and some Q-tips would be needed--to get into tight places. I have also used a plastic knife and a MF towel to get into some spots.
Take your time and start cleaning. Depending on how bad the interior is--you may have to go over some areas twice. Once the interior is clean--use a quality protectant like 303 or Vinylx.
Ultimate tip--stop drinking in the car

·
Registered
378 Posts
Re: Keep interior clean. Tips needed. (RyanDice)

Another tip for removing dirt and debris from tight spaces is to use a can of air made for computer cleaning, it will blast it right out. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Keep interior clean. Tips needed. (Adenn)

good advice. thanks so much guys.
P.s. I cant stop drinking! lol I always have to have a beverage with me at all times. lol
thanks again.

·
Registered
348 Posts

Microfiber towl and some water with a LITTLE bit of soap... follow up with some 303 aerospace protectant. and if the interior is black.. you gotta dust every day..

·
Registered
6,048 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JustinVW »
good advice. thanks so much guys.
P.s. I cant stop drinking! lol I always have to have a beverage with me at all times. lol
thanks again.

I know how that is man

What i do: Clean my car once or twice a wk. You won't have to live with gunk all the time.
Also, keep a microfiber towel in your map pocket. In case of a spill (they're almost inevitable) just say "oh shizzy" and then wipe it away. VOILA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.