VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off in no way is this post in anyway to bad mouth Upsolute, the sales reps are awesome, and the chip is awesome too. See Mods in Sig. I am just curious if yall would recomend me keeping with Upsolute or going with GIAC or APR? The Reason is, last Drag Season the best I hit was a 14.9, and my normal was like a 15.2 or so, Keep in mind, I still have not prefected my launches, and I am guessing that is where all my time is going. Now last season the only mod I had was the Chip, today I went out and did some G-Tech runs (just got the thing), could only do a few of runs (Traffic), but pulled 2 15.5's and a 15.08, but still even after the Motor Mounts and new Potenza S0-2 PP's, I am still having problems, Wheel hop is not to much of a issue anymore, where I seem to be losing my power is on the 1-2shift, and again Launching.
Now I am not really asking for tips beacause I already have another thread relating to that (Dont like to double post), but if anyone has some, spit them out. But my main question, is Keep with Upsolute and just stick with it, and practice and practice, or move to GIAC/APR. And if the outcome is Go with GIAC or Apr, should I just deal with the lose of $350.00 for the Chip, or try to trade it or somthing along those lines. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Re: Keep with Upsolute? Or? (regatta)

i say practice practice practice!
If you can launch with an Upsolute chip, then switching chips isn't going to solve anything. (ie. you'll still have bad launches with a different chip!)
Master your launch with what you've got...THEN decide if you want a different chip. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by flanders, 11:00 PM 4-6-2002]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Keep with Upsolute? Or? (Sheep)

Ok I see, I tried doing some searchers for Up 1/4times but didnt really have much luck (I dont think the search engine likes 1/4), what do yall think I should be Aiming for with the Mods I have? I KNOW my car can do better then a 14.9.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Re: Keep with Upsolute? Or? (craig20v)

I think if you are into breaking 10th of seconds you probably need to practice launch. On top of that perhaps get the chip that is proven to give you more power. However, all three chips are very closely matched. I wouldn't call one chip superior over the other, then again some might disagree.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Re: Keep with Upsolute? Or? (soundzero)

i want to know who the guy is that runs 13.7 on an up chip! anyone know of this person?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Keep with Upsolute? Or? (wolfsburg2)

I have no idea what the MPH was, lol. It was last summer, and I misplaced my Timeslip. All I really want is constant Mid 14's and I will be happy. I would be happy with like a 14.7 tho too. Ok I think I am just going to practice alot. Probably pick up a DP too before the season starts.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts

Your launch is everything with the 1.8T. My times will vary from 14.6-14.4 when i am at the track. That is with consistant launches.
When I bog on the launch then my times are usually consistant 14.8's. Learn how to launch and you should be in the mid to low 14's consistantly.

·
Registered
478 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Probably pick up a DP too before the season starts.[HR][/HR]​
Good idea. Should help things alot. BTW, my last run (w/o N20) was a 14.4 @ 96mph. Practice...practice.

·
Registered
478 Posts

AWW, Up Chip, ATP DP + Hi Flow Cat, ES Dogbone Mount, H&R Cup Kit, plus NOS kit 5208 (with a 50 shot my last time at the track, I've since moved up to a 70 shot). My 3 inch cat back gets done tomorrow. Time to visit the track again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts