VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to ditch my steering wheel for an aftermarket Momo. they model 30 has a two button system integrated into it that I think can be modified to accept the DSG controls.
Has anyone here tried this, and if so, what wheel did you use. I have seen some DSG control units in G.B., but were one of designs.
Figure the 2 wire system shouldn’t be difficult to address, but just want some feed back from those who have suceeded.

Thx,

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a relay for each toggle that screws into the wheel under the horn button, but that can be relocated. I was thinking of just attaching them with double sided tape.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
There is a relay for each toggle that screws into the wheel under the horn button, but that can be relocated. I was thinking of just attaching them with double sided tape.
Have you traced the wiring with a diagram yet? E438 E439--> E441 E440 Mfsw ---> J453 Mfsw control module on bottom spoke of steering wheel--->F138 "clock" spring---> J527 steering column module etc.

Rectangle Product Font Parallel Number

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Schematic

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I could keep the clock spring and associated hardware. I was reading on a euro forum that adapters allowed for this. is that incorrect? Paddles aren’t an absolute necessity, but are convenient when tracking. Pushing the car more towards fun track use as she ages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts