VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a 40x4 + 120x1.
It's $250 at Crotchfield. Anyone have anything good or bad about it?
I am using my stock speakers right now, but I am planning to get Boston Accoustics RM6 and Infinity Kappa in the rear.
Would it blow the crap out of the stockers?
Thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
Re: Kenwood KAC-859 Amp, anyone have any words o it? (VR6Ole)

I have it and I also have the 60.2cs kappas in the rear. I can't compare the amp to any others because I'm the only person with an amp that I know. But I've had no problem with it and it can amp my rather inefficient speakers to volumes much louder than is comfortable. At $250, it's also a great deal. The kappas are less bright and more mellow than the MB Quarts I have upfront, which is exactly what I wanted for rear fill. It's won't blow out the stock speakers as long as long the amp doesn't start clipping, but you will be much happier with aftermarket speakers. I'm very happy with my set-up, so I would say go for it. Especially since you appear to be going for bargains at Crutchfield and they are a good place to work with. And I have a Kenwood receiver, too.

[Modified by Al Bob, 3:57 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Kenwood KAC-859 Amp, anyone have any words o it? (Al Bob)

Thanks dude.
I was planning to use the 1x120 for a sub, in a perfect world with a lot of money, I'd go for the Infinity Perfect 12" sub. Just a dream right now though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts