VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Anybody who knows how to disassemble the "keyless" key fob (see below). I've managed to remove the battery cover and the metallic bottom part (the one with the key ring) - however, I'm afraid to break something if I go any further. Reason is, I need to get behind the push buttons to clean it out.

Knowledgeable insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

/PTR

DSC_0686.jpg DSC_0687.jpg

·
Registered
2011 Jetta SportWagen TDI 6MT
28 Posts
The fob for our Mk6 SportWagen (PN 5K0-837-202-AK) has a small pin that locks the two halves of the case together. It is impossible to remove this pin so that the case can be opened without breaking internal parts of the case (that lock the case together). Your case may be similar. That said, I have been able to open the case (carefully) so that the internal damage was somewhat repairable & the case reusable; it's not perfect, but it has held together for many months now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, DrGERTol.
But if yours isn't the same as mine (see the photos) that sadly doesn't help me. Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
2011 Jetta SportWagen TDI 6MT
28 Posts
Yes, you are correct: the B8 Passat fob doesn't have a flip key -- it appears to be closer to our Audi B8 A4 key fob, except that the internal circuit board of the Passat fob appears to be sealed in the case (unlike the A4 fob). Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts