VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i have run into a small dilemma my brother has a 03 Golf i have an 03 GTi. i one that removes the lock bo lost the key for my lug nuts, the one the removes the lock nut. does anyone know if my brothers will work, or where i can get a replacement - thnaks all in advance

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Re: key for wheel bolts - mines lost..... :( (JohnnyDii)

Try it and see if his fits yours. If not, i dont know what to tell you. Volkswagen doesnt sell that key either. Ive already checked with them.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (gr8gatzby)

does anyone know how many VW makes?? how about pointers to remove them - i can alway taker them off forcefully and replace the whole set

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Re: (gr8gatzby)

Quote, originally posted by gr8gatzby »
what i did was throw away the anti-theft lugnuts

thats what i did after i pulled them off but that was after i lost my key as well.....my advice would be to try and ask the service dept. if they could help you out.if not,there is only 10 different configurations if i remember correctly so if your bro's dont work see if there is anyone else local and try theirs.the last 2 choices would be buy the kit from http://zelenda.com/VW/page5.html ,about halfway down, or bring it to a shop and let someone "make" something like i did to get them out.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (got_boost)

i have two friends with 20ths do they have the same - i have no other vw friends - besides the ones i've made on vortex

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Re: (JohnnyDii)

the 20ths should have the same set but again there is about 10 different versions so the odds are not with you that its the one you need but its definately worth a shot http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
Re: (got_boost)

there are 12 different styles of locking keys/bolts. When this happened to me I drove around to about 13 used car lots that had VW's and tried them all out...no luck. So I went to the dealer and asked the mechanics just to take them out and give me regular bolts, they have a little kit with all the different configurations. They did that and I was on my way...no issues with anyone trying to steal my rims yet
stock 16" from 2000 lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts