VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: key ring attachment on key broken, you have a fix? (Blitzen155)

quote:[HR][/HR]"tap the knowledge base?"
*guffaw*
maybe some hot melt glue will work?[HR][/HR]​
while there are many chumps on here with the IQ of a rock, there are also some that seem to know the answer to every question.
i dont want a big glob of hot glue on there.
i found this guy sellin spares in the classifieds:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeropost?cmd=reply&id=6149911

·
Registered
23,994 Posts
Re: key ring attachment on key broken, you have a fix? ([email protected]_VVuLFzBoRg)

here's an eBay auction that is running right now....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401110342&category=6776
I can't really think of another way to fix this for you....really, it's only the one half of the panel (on the older fobs at least) that has the little hook piece that I'm assuming broke.
Maybe you can order specific fob pieces from the dealer...I don't know. Otherwise you can buy this one off of eBay...it's uncut, and you can get it cut but it's gonna cost you a bundle to do so. You may be able to dismantle your existing key and insert it into a different fob also...this has been done in the past and is not that hard although it's a PITA....good luck bro...that's all I got for ya on thisone.

·
Registered
44,112 Posts
Re: key ring attachment on key broken, you have a fix? (vwsteve)

I'm just surprised that you're running an Ebay auction with the word "switchblade" in it and they didn't kill it. They have some idiots working for them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Re: key ring attachment on key broken, you have a fix? ([email protected]_VVuLFzBoRg)

I dropped mine and the plastic piece broke off fairly clean.
I took a drill bit and drilled 2 new holes. One thru one side, straight thru to the other. You need about a 1" diameter key ring or larger to fit thru both holes. The holes are almost in the main body of the unit.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts

This happened to me too.. The little chrome piece of the key fob that hooks onto a key ring just randomly broke one day. I haven't fixed it yet.
I was thinking something like crazy/super glue might work...

·
Registered
12 Posts

First, of all you need to stick your hand in your pocket and pull out some cash....Buy yourself a blank key and be done with it!!!!!!!!! If, you don't want to do that you could get yourself a thick nose ring and jam it in there. ....hehehe!!
jb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.