VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought the wife a new 2015 Jetta Sport with lighting package and we both absolutely love the car. Only after taking the car home did I notice that while it has Keyless start, it does not have keyless entry. It has the regular dumb door handles any non-KESSY jetta has. Other than a driver door handle and probably a computer edit, what else would I need to make the keyless entry work? I only plan on changing the driver side since that's whats used 99% of the time. I'm assuming it already has all the other modules/antennas and door harness required. The dealership I bought the car from said it's not possible but I doubt thats the case since the majority of the KESSY system is already installed in the car. It's an odd combo, I would rather it be completely non keyless or completly keyless.

I've search the forums but most of them are reguarding complete retrofits.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I just bought the wife a new 2015 Jetta Sport with lighting package and we both absolutely love the car. Only after taking the car home did I notice that while it has Keyless start, it does not have keyless entry. It has the regular dumb door handles any non-KESSY jetta has. Other than a driver door handle and probably a computer edit, what else would I need to make the keyless entry work? I only plan on changing the driver side since that's whats used 99% of the time. I'm assuming it already has all the other modules/antennas and door harness required. The dealership I bought the car from said it's not possible but I doubt thats the case since the majority of the KESSY system is already installed in the car. It's an odd combo, I would rather it be completely non keyless or completly keyless.

I've search the forums but most of them are reguarding complete retrofits.

Thanks!
I think all we need is the driver's door handle with integrated sensor (and vcds).

Here's the p/n 5N0-837-205-L-GRU $193.62. It’s the same part number for the left and right side front doors.

Oh, also there's probably a wiring harness that would need to be replaced.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think all we need is the driver's door handle with integrated sensor (and vcds).

Here's the p/n 5N0-837-205-L-GRU $193.62. It’s the same part number for the left and right side front doors.

Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone installed the keyless entry on a model with 'Push to Start' but no keyless entry? I would like to do this and buy the parts if someone can confirm. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I believe there are additional sensors outside of the car that detects the key opposed to just inside of the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I believe there are additional sensors outside of the car that detects the key opposed to just inside of the car.
Thanks for chiming in but I'm looking for a bit more evidence from someone who has done this themselves or who has more solid evidence.

I found these threads on TDIClub forums which has been pretty informative. Looks like others are trying this on their SE connectivity as well. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444191 and
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444877

Hope to see some results soon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well isn't that just the dumbest thing ever. Keyless start with no keyless entry. :screwy: That would drive me nuts to brother.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can you post any info from verebs. I am interested in this also since I have a sport as well.
Here is what he said:
That might be all but I have a feeling it's not. I bet you don't have any of the proximity sensors. Check the trunk deck, do you see a red rectangle about 1x4''?

My response is isn't the proximity sensor in the door handle itself?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Here is what he said:
That might be all but I have a feeling it's not. I bet you don't have any of the proximity sensors. Check the trunk deck, do you see a red rectangle about 1x4''?

My response is isn't the proximity sensor in the door handle itself?
Well, my take is that there is also a proximity sensor on the trunk, and it might be easier to find that one than tearing the door apart.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.