VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought some people might enjoy this, esp Porsche guys on here. The best thing is all the pics are clickable to super high res, great for backgrounds and picking off elements for photoshopping.

This kid put up a post on reddit about how much time his dad puts into his blog, I wasn't expecting much, but it's a good read with great photos.

Every night when I come home, I see my dad quietly sitting at his desk working on his car blog (he even made his own neat little business cards!), beaming as he proudly shows me his 50 to 100 daily views. I'd love for him to wake up to a bit more than that as I know how much it means to him!
http://digitaldtour.com/

I think I'm in love.

·
Registered
614 Posts
That's actually a pretty good blog except the front page has way too much content on it. Is the blogger also the photographer? If so, I'm very impressed! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's actually a pretty good blog except the front page has way too much content on it. Is the blogger also the photographer? If so, I'm very impressed! :thumbup:

It seems he is a Porsche fanatic and has been taking photos for years. I was amazed to see these super high res 924 pics from 1982 on there. I wasn't even born yet.

Here is the link to the reddit post for those interested, this guy deserves some credit for all the years of being a car guy and being able to recall the stories from a track meet from 30 years ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/t2zy1/every_night_when_i_come_home_i_see_my_dad_quietly/

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
This is pretty good stuff.:thumbup:

As a fellow blogger I can understand that it can be tough to get views... did my part and shared it on my blog's FB and on my own FB.

I really like this guys writing. You can tell he really lives what he preaches.

·
Registered
34,495 Posts
Seems like this guy loves to write...and I like to read what he writes! :cool:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Saved the link to read! Also I love the color of the Porsche at the top:thumbup:
Very cool to see that the color was an original 356 color called Meissen blue.
Seriously beautiful color.

this particular color had been sourced from Porsches 356 color palette, originally available for the 1957 to 1959 models, and known as Meissen Blue.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
i dig reddit love stories.

solid blog :thumbup:

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
19,558 Posts
Are you on Chrome?

It seems to work best (as does everything) with Chrome.
Two back end tools I use to edit my websites at work prefer IE or Mozilla, so I'm on either one of those.

I do use Chrome at home though. :thumbup:

·
Registered
672 Posts
It brings a tear to my eye every time I see an older person (by that I mean older than Gen X) using technology to it's fullest.

:thumbup::thumbup:

EDIT: Wrong body part lol

·
Registered
797 Posts
Subscriber number 592 :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This guy is in for a shockwave of readers.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
In love with the first picture, subscribed to follow him. I had this car in Matchbox form when I was a kid.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts