VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this for sale on Kijiji today. Very nice.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1985-Honda-Civic-W0QQAdIdZ420077480

Selling a MINT CONDITION '85 'Hondamatic' Civic for $8000, or best offer. This car is a collector's dream. Incredibly low mileage for its age; only 40,000 original kilometres. Kept stored in a garage and never winter driven; original paint and the interior is pristine (upholstery looks brand new; not sun-bleached). Has been certified and is in perfect working condition. This is a brand new old car!

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
I dunno why, but it always bothers me when I see a car like this and it's a base model automatic.

It's like, you had the foresight in 1985 to keep the car preserved and pristine, but not to spring the extra few bucks for an Si?

Still cool, still in beautiful condition, but damnit. :p

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
:sly:

1985 Honda Civic/CRX

1985 10Best Cars

JANUARY 1985 BY DAVID E. DAVIS JR.
The Honda Civic and Civic CRX are extra-special. Performance cars that deliver passenger comfort, all-round utility, and award-winning gas mileage. In the CRX we have a very sporty little coupe, handsome as anything the dollar will buy, fast, fun to drive, yet capable of generating fuel-economy numbers superior to those recorded by America’s meanest and least savory diesel econoboxes. The other members of the Civic line may lack the glamorous shape of the CRX, but they deliver on every other important automotive attribute.

Love of cars, and incredibly good automotive intuition, seem to be the hallmarks of today’s Honda organization. The company is fast on its feet, eager to innovate, always willing to take its best shot. In a very short time these attributes, and a long string of uniformly successful products, have made Honda the third-largest manufacturer of cars in Japan, and the eleventh-largest in the world. This is as big a league as anyone could want to play in, yet Honda never feels like a big, faceless, heartless corporation any more than the cars feel big, or faceless, or heartless.

Specifications:

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 2-, 4-, or 5-passenger, 3-door coupe, 3- or 4-door sedan, or 5-door wagon

BASE PRICE: $5399-7295

ENGINE TYPE(S): 4-in-line, aluminum block and head, 1x3-bbl carburetor
Displacement: 82-91 cu in, 1342-1488cc
Power (SAE net): 60-76 bhp

TRANSMISSION(S): 5-speed, 3-speed auto

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 86.6-96.5 in Length: 144.7-163.4 in
Curb weight: 1750-2100 lbs

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city driving: 26-49 mpg

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I like a pristine old Civic as much as the next guy, but I can think of a hell of a lot of other vehicles to spend $8k on.

I guess I'm more of a driver than a collector.
This. I think it's a cool car. And I'd probably drive it. But I could buy a metric f*ck-ton of other worthless 80's garbage for 8k that'd be way more fun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.