VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
So I tried the same CarNet/telematics removal & jumper method on my 2014 Beetle TDI, which has the same telematics module under the passenger seat and has been giving me "open circuit" faults in the 77 Telephone module related to the microphone ever since I swapped out the factory radio for an aftermarket android radio. I successfully removed the telematics module, both physically and from the gateway coding. I then jumpered the pins on the telematics connector as per the instructions found in this thread, but the microphone "open circuit" faults persist and come back even after clearing.

Since in my case I didn't swap the radio for a different VW model, but an aftermarket one, might that explain why the jumper method didn't help clear the faults? I really don't need the microphones at all, as my Android head unit has one built-in. I just want the fault to go away and don't need any VW built-in mic, telematics or bluetooth functionality. Thanks.

P.S.: I recognize I'm not in the correct car-specific thread, but seeing that this has sort of developed into a master thread on this topic, I figured my best shot for an answer is to respond to this existing thread with plenty of experts in it already.
P.P.S.: The wiring I used for the jumpers is from paper clips.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have the same issue after swapped my original to a ALPINE X901D-G7 Multimedia Navi Unit as ALPINE said was bolt on in my Golf 7FL Variant 2019,
sure it works more then perfect in all ways but I get the message "Limited emergency call function. visit a workshop" in the AID at each start:(

search for help everywhere for this but still no luck :rolleyes:

3 Fault codes are:
Telematics

•Mute switch radio (open ciricuit/short to ground) Fault code: B104914 Status: Static

•Audio Signal output 1 (open circuit) Fault code: B14F113 Status: Static

•Databus missing message Fault Code: U112100 Status: Static

·
Registered
10 Posts
Howdy all,
Wanted to post my (currently useless) findings on removing the CarNet module on a 2021 GTI (Autobahn).

Since this is a MIB 3 vehicle, the connections running behind the MIB unit itself (in the glovebox) as well as to the CarNet Module (part number 5WA035285) are different.

For one, what looks like the MIB 2.5 and below MOST cable does not exist and instead the one cable that replaces it seems to run to the CarNet module only.

Therefore when you unplug all cables from the unit, although I didn't receive any dash warnings or lights (haven't scanned for codes yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to find the usual ones mentioned in this thread), I did lose microphone access (haven't jumped any pins yet) and navigation (since I believe MIB 3 navigation updates Over The Air (OTA) and not via an SD card anymore, which is why it is wired straight to the module). Bluetooth still works fine (because it's integrated into the infotainment system).

Hopefully I'll be able to give more useful information in the future, just thought this would be nice in case anyone was curious.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tried jumping the usual pins (4-5, 17-18) today to get the microphone working, and so far no joy. Will see if I can find a wiring diagram or go at it with a tester and figure it out on my own this weekend...

·
Registered
10 Posts
So according to this diagram, the pins to jump appear to be 17 and 18 on the 2021s. I could've sworn I tried that but perhaps I counted wrong/my jump job wasn't perfect. Will try again soon...

221 - 226 of 226 Posts