VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my FK coils on and my car is nice and low. The speedbumps at my school are too big, so big that my oilpan hits, and thats terrible. So does anyone here know how to reduce the size of the speedbumps. I've heard of a few things to lower them, first of all soak gasoline in them then set them on fire. This wouldnt work cause my school is on a main road and i'd get caught. I also dont want to chunk the bumps up because most of the school would know its me and im not trying to get busted. So if you know of any ideas, such as soaking them with something to get them soft then just hammer them down a bit, please post. By the way they are made out of asphault, and heres a pic of the ride.

BTW these are not my rims, i should get my powdercoated DE's on next week

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
o and not to change the subject but i just ordered my silverline x's yesterday and was wondering what you thought of the overall ride quality and look

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
Re: Killing the Speed Bumps! (handycandyandy)

haha...i would go with burning them

edit: why diss someone when their pics dont work
its not their falt imagestation isnt working anymore!

Modified by volks98jetta2.0 at 8:04 PM 2-11-2004

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Re: Killing the Speed Bumps! (volks98jetta2.0)

Quote, originally posted by volks98jetta2.0 »
haha...i would go with burning them

x2 this is funny ish right here

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Colombiano1016)

I'm loving them, nice and stiff. Oh well we dont need the stupid pics anyway
I want to burn them SO bad!!! but i dont want to get arrested either

Modified by handycandyandy at 1:05 AM 2-12-2004

·
Registered
25,009 Posts
Re: (Colombiano1016)

i don't know how low you are, or if getting a skid plate would make it to where you wouldn't be able to go over the bumps at all, but maybe look into getting a skid plate. I know they hang about an inch from the oil pan(maybe less), but this would at least prevent you from getting in trouble with the campus authorities

Modified by reynolds9000 at 1:05 AM 2-12-2004

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Re: (handycandyandy)

have any friends with snowplows? because i know sometimes the plows will bust them... the kind that are put after the pavement was laid tend to rip up... ones that are bonded into the pavement (paved over) are there for good...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Re: (gtivr6exy)

Quote, originally posted by gtivr6exy »
have any friends with snowplows? because i know sometimes the plows will bust them... the kind that are put after the pavement was laid tend to rip up... ones that are bonded into the pavement (paved over) are there for good...

lol thats freakin awesome...i'd love to do something like that and have the dropped car driving right behind to get a test ride over it right away lol

·
Banned
12,490 Posts

why not angle over them pretty much sideways and go very very very very slow, thats what i do. but i also know where all the speed bumps in town are and avoid them at all costs

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Re: (Mr.Bungle)

Quote, originally posted by Mr.Bungle »
why not angle over them pretty much sideways and go very very very very slow, thats what i do. but i also know where all the speed bumps in town are and avoid them at all costs

Same here http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (Mr.Bungle)

Quote, originally posted by Mr.Bungle »

Tried it and still doesnt work, makes it even worse actually.

·
Registered
753 Posts

andy.... i dont think a bazooka launcher would work... but we can try using amandas car and toe them someone else..

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (TrnsferErr)

Quote, originally posted by TrnsferErr »
andy.... i dont think a bazooka launcher would work... but we can try using amandas car and toe them someone else..

OMG, how do you think of these things, and there is no grass

·
Banned
12,490 Posts

Quote, originally posted by handycandyandy »

Tried it and still doesnt work, makes it even worse actually.
well if you can't handle bumps, don't lower your car, its that simple, or bag it. i know people with dubs out here lower than me, and they man up and haul over driveways and bumps like champions. i'm not going to name drop but you know who they are and they're like inches lower than me

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.