VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
The way I see it is that I am generally right about everything and I don't see a problem. So we may as well close this puppy up.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
The way I see it is that I am generally right about everything and I don't see a problem. So we may as well close this puppy up.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

/thread

·
Registered
22,855 Posts
I believe the govt should offer free courses for parents on how to manage your kids. This should solve 50% of the problems we have today and save tons of tax money from govt services.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
I believe the govt should offer free courses for parents on how to manage your kids. This should solve 50% of the problems we have today and save tons of tax money from govt services.
And from your previous thread about your kid's issues with school, you should be first to take the course.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
You don't live in the school's boundaries right now, and you are cheating the rules. There are reasons schools have these boundaries or it would be a clusterf*ck of parents all trying to enroll their kids in the best school.

That being said, I'd do the same as you did for my 2 kids (my oldest boy starts Kindergarden this fall as well) if I didn't already live in the best school district in my area.

There is a woman locally here that used her father's address to get her kids into a school rated 9/10 when the school they were supposed to go to was a 2/10 (I think the real crime here is a school that is operating at a 2/10). She was arrested and sentenced to 2 years for wanting more for her children. The irony is, that while in jail, her father has custody of the children.

I see both sides of the argument, but in the end it all comes down to giving your children the best available education.

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Man, why are your panty's in a bunch? So, basically what you are saying is you wouldn't do what's in the best interest of your kid's education? Yeah. Sure. The administration of our neighborhood school has recently (after we bought our house) turned into a nightmare and I'm not going to pound sand while they figure their **** out.

Ultimately, I have a good idea that my kids will understand the things we did for them was to make them good, kind people, not to be liars and cheats.
I just call it as I see it. No one is talking about 2yrs from now. Today, you're breaking the rules but you can't even admit that. Nice role model indeed.

:laugh: what is our local recruiter doing in the parenting forum?
Parenting, I do it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
1) we'll be moving into the neighborhood by time our second one hits kinder age
Did you ever move, cheater? :p

My 5 year old just started kindergarten. The wife and I paid quite a bit of cash to live legally where our kid can get into 10/10 schools for all grades. Nice to see that some people just take out a loan and let other people (renters) foot the bill for mortgage and property tax, while sending their kids and the renter's kids to school in the district too. IE, flood the school district with renter kids, and mortgage holder kids. Everyone should do that, its a totally sustainable model!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Solid 6 year bump.:laugh:

You are new to this school thing, so sit back and relax a bit.
I'm just mucking about and having some fun. Dudes probably almost past the statute of limitations for even admitting his transgressions against the federal and local gubments.

The wife and I were a wreck this morning, school bus to kindergarten for the first time. My little trooper just marched over to the bus and hopped right on, first in line to get on, like no big deal. Hopefully she takes the rest of it all with such ease!

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Solid 6 year bump.:laugh:

You are new to this school thing, so sit back and relax a bit.
My oldest is entering the 6th grade. WTF is this thread about again? My kid? Or my parenting? :laugh:

The school is fine, we bought another house (nice to assume we rented and there was something wrong with renting), but we never moved into the neighborhood. Same school district, same taxes, less stupid drama. We're just about a mile and a half outside of the neighborhood boundaries. But that mile and a half is awesome to get away from the neighborhood cliques, yet close enough.

I also sit on the PTO, we're more involved at the school than many of the neighborhood parents, and if we were to be moved out - because someone did try to start that drama again in general (not us specifically) these folks don't realize that it wouldn't be students like "ours" getting to attend. Probably a good 35%, if not more, don't live within the boundaries. The backfill will be from the neighboring - not so nice - neighborhood.

It's been a great experience for my kids to learn, learn about society, empathy, figure out how to have navigate some b.s., and move on and up. All in all, It's been fun. I'm sad that my kids are growing up too fast.

Enjoy kindergarten, youthful parent, x1000rpm. Get to know the school, the PTA/PTO, and get involved. :wave: Come at me, bro.

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
"It'll be legit, we're going to move into the school district anyway."
We were always in the school district. Many years ago, there were neighborhood schools. Now, this district is open enrollment anyways.

You know how this makes you sound right? Are you at least that self aware?
Both of my kids, are top percentile at the school. I'm proud of the work they put in. Plus, this is the internet. Do you really take me this seriously?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts