VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From http://www.kleemann.dk/news/wr-2003-.htm:
Quote »
Nearly a year ago, Kleemann broke the world record in the category “fastest 4-door saloon in the World”. The KLEEMANN E55K (W210) drove an extraordinary 338 Km/h on the Mercedes-Benz owned Papenburg high speed oval.
With Jason Watt, the Danish touring car champion 2002 behind the wheel of the ML55K, KLEEMANN has once again entered the record books. The high speed Nardo oval in southern Italy was the venue for a new record in the category “The fastest SUV in the World”. Sunday the 9th of Feb. 2003 at 11.55 am, the KLEEMANN ML55K was clocked at a remarkable 282 Km/h. Enough to surpass the existing record set by the Porsche Cayenne Turbo which was officially clocked at 266 Km/h.
Considering the enormous 2400 kg girth of the ML55K, it also managed impressive acceleration times as seen below.

KLEEMANN ML 55 K

TOYO TIRES JAPAN supplied tires which coped extremely well with the incredible stress the ML55K was subjected to on the Nardo oval.
KLEEMANN ML55K
Engine: 5,5 V8 Kompressor
BHP: 607
Torque: 750nm
0-100 Km/h: 4,9 sec.
0-200 Km/h: 18,9 sec.
Quarter Mile - 402 Meters: 12,9 sec. - exit speed: 176 Km/h
Tire: Toyo Proxes ST 295/40R20 114V

Once again KLEEMANN cooperated with the Danish company Dynomet. Their dynamometers are 100% precise.
And here you can see the curve and proof of the high speed World Record:

click below for more articles
bilmagasinet
sportscartesting.com
classicdriver
Jason Watt - homepage
forums.mbworld.org

Not bad for a SUV huh.....

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: KLEEMANN has done it again…. (MartijnGizmo)

My question: Why?
It's got almost the same horsepower as a McLaren F1, yet a 3rd gen RX7 will STILL run it in 0-60. What a waste.

·
Registered
15,236 Posts
Re: KLEEMANN has done it again…. (Mykel)

Quote, originally posted by Mykel »
It's got almost the same horsepower as a McLaren F1, yet a 3rd gen RX7 will STILL run it in 0-60. What a waste.

It weighs more than both put together. And the aerodynamics of that are a brickwall compared to a RX-7 or Maclaren

·
Registered
12,111 Posts

Nice. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Although I'd take the E55K myself.

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: KLEEMANN has done it again…. (Mykel)

Quote, originally posted by Mykel »

Because it can be done.

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: KLEEMANN has done it again…. (haydar)

Quote, originally posted by haydar »
hmm, wonder if the Cayenne or this would be faster :

Cayenne turbo does 266km/h..... And Hans-Joachim Stuck had the X5 Le Mans up to 309km/h on the Döttinger Höhe at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Should be even more on a really long stretch. But then again, the X5 LM has "slightly" more work into it.

·
Registered
21,613 Posts

Hmm...BMW ran a ALMS 675 engined-X5 on the Nurburgring, and made some record times - that beast was using a 720 horsepower engine. I bet if they had tried, this would have easily wupped it, lol.

·
Registered
16,355 Posts
Re: KLEEMANN has done it again…. (Elbows)

Yeah and that X5 requires an engine rebuild after 20 hours of running. . .

·
Registered
21,613 Posts
Re: KLEEMANN has done it again…. (Rob)

worth it to me - I did not notice that picture above is the one that I'm talking about. I never actually had seen the X5 in question. Not bad, but I don't think the gold wheels work, lol.
any race engine requires rebuilding! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,729 Posts

now i want to see and equaly tunned cayenne turbo do that. is cool to tune things and make them faster than the the competetors but when your compare it to a stock cayenne thats not fair to me. but still a sweet ML

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: KLEEMANN has done it again…. (Elbows)

Quote, originally posted by Elbows »
Hmm...BMW ran a ALMS 675 engined-X5 on the Nurburgring, and made some record times - that beast was using a 720 horsepower engine. I bet if they had tried, this would have easily wupped it, lol.

They lapped it under 8 min, but not on road legal tires.
Here's a nice video of the X5 LeMans: http://146.155.3.17/whiplash/v...s.avi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts