VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I loved K.I.T.T. as a child, and I've got a soft spot for 80s American muscle, so I'm curious what this one will hammer at since it's kind of the one a real serious collector would want. I can't see it going for more than $50k though unless it's for charity. (I can't open the link on my work computer since the site is blocked)

EDIT: I opened the auction on my phone. Holy ****. Please tell me the top bidder right now is German.

·
Registered
23,504 Posts
OP, I'm disappointed that your post was not accompanied by this Hasselhoff gem!

·
Premium Member
12,564 Posts
I loved K.I.T.T. as a child, and I've got a soft spot for 80s American muscle, so I'm curious what this one will hammer at since it's kind of the one a real serious collector would want. I can't see it going for more than $50k though unless it's for charity. (I can't open the link on my work computer since the site is blocked)

EDIT: I opened the auction on my phone. Holy ****. Please tell me the top bidder right now is German.

Lol @ underestimating. The original Batmobile sold for a few million USD. Granted that's the Batmobile, but a large section of the population knows of Night Rider, or can identify KITT. So I'm not at all surprised that it's going to end up in 7 figures territory.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Lol @ underestimating. The original Batmobile sold for a few million USD. Granted that's the Batmobile, but a large section of the population knows of Night Rider, or can identify KITT. So I'm not at all surprised that it's going to end up in 7 figures territory.
Yeah, but is this a screen used original or a later made conversion?

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,368 Posts
Yeah, but is this a screen used original or a later made conversion?
One of many questions people should be asking given the description says almost nothing about the car. Honestly I've seen $500 cars on CL with more information than this.

For those who didn't view the auction, this is the actual description on this car and mind you this is something with an original estimated range of $175K-300K...

FULLY FUNCTIONAL K.I.T.T. CAR WITH FULL CONVERSION CAR LOCATED IN U.K. LOT WINNER RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERY EXPENSE, IF HAMMER PRICE EXCEEDS 25% ABOVE RESERVE PRICE, THE HOFF WILL PERSONALLY DELIVER THE CAR TO THE NEW OWNER.
...is it screen used? Is it a recently made replica? How long as Hoff owned it? Has Hoff even driven it given the car is in the UK and Hoff is in SoCal? How many miles are on it? Condition? Does anything work? Etc. etc...

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
That's nuts. Unless that thing has some serious pedigree, like photos of the Hoff eating a deconstructed hamburger off the hood between takes with Mr. Feeny in 1983, that's straight up crack pipe.

I think Burt Reynold's personal SE Trans Am last changed hands for something like $300k.

·
Registered
23,504 Posts
Sorry for derailing this thread, but anyone remember the Viper TV show from 90;s? I watched it as a kid and loved that car. Wonder where that thing is...

also dissapointed BaT didnt get to sell the knight rider car lol
Did that show even make it a full season? I remember being hyped up for it as a kid, then being disappointed that it sucked so badly.

·
Registered
23,504 Posts
4 seasons. I was 11 at the time and just cared about the cool car
Ahhh, just looked it up on Wiki. It did one season on NBC, then was pulled for 2 years, then went into syndication for the rest of its run. No wonder I thought it was abandoned :)

·
Registered
15,033 Posts
$975,000 with 18 days left in the auction

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Came into this thread cringing at my mental image of an aged Hoff. Cringing even harder now having seen pic 2. Yikes.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,224 Posts
Came into this thread cringing at my mental image of an aged Hoff. Cringing even harder now having seen pic 2. Yikes.
Hahaha.

I was too old to watch this show. I guess he was chasing bad guys with this car?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hahaha.

I was too old to watch this show. I guess he was chasing bad guys with this car?
Every week. Even had an evil version of this that was called K.A.R.R. if memory serves. Grew up watching the Hoff kick ass and engage super-pursuit mode to take down the baddies. Show certainly hasn't aged well but my best friend and I watched this, in syndication of course, along with A-Team and Greatest American Hero almost every day.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,224 Posts
Every week. Even had an evil version of this that was called K.A.R.R. if memory serves. Grew up watching the Hoff kick ass and engage super-pursuit mode to take down the baddies. Show certainly hasn't aged well but my best friend and I watched this, in syndication of course, along with A-Team and Greatest American Hero almost every day.
I googled it. I guess it was some kind of fancy high tech talking car. Meh, Chrysler had that already.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts