VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anything was cause this besides the knock sensor to throw this fault code. 16717 - Knock Sensor 2 (G66): Signal too High
i started my car do day and it started ticking and the check engine light came on and that is the code that i got when i scanned it.
thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Knock Sensor 2 question (shadowinfector)

i just checked the Bentley Repair Manual and it says to Loosen knock sensor and tighten again to 20 Nm but my problem now is that i cannot find it. if this post was about me installing a turbo i would have had about 200 views by now

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Re: Knock Sensor 2 question (rickybobby)

If you don't know where the knock sensor is, either do some research to find out, or pay someone to do the work for you. Not trying to be a dick, but it's pretty difficult to describe and link to places when it's easier to look it up yourself. Go to MJM or GAP, look up what the part looks like, then do some searching in the engine bay. A knock sensor acts just like a stethoscope (the thing a doctor uses to listen to your heart), so for it to do its job, it needs to be attached to the block. There's where you can start.
This should help too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Knock Sensor 2 question (kermani)

i wasn't sure if knock sensor #2 was in the front or back, i just found out that knock sensor 2 is in the front. thanks now i am trying to find it there must be something hiding it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.