VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a fairly new engine still. Has anyone had any issues yet, how many miles do you currently have?

So far i'm only sitting at 3,500 on my 1.4. Love the car so far, my first VW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
3200 miles on my '16 Jetta 1.4t, zero issues with the engine but countless issues with the car. Back at the dealer currently with CEL number 3, all for brake and wiring issues so far.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bad EVAP valve replaced under warranty. Only issue so far. I guess that isn't engine specific, but there is only one car with the engine (in the US anyways) at the moment.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This is a proven motor in Europe. So far in at the dealership, we haven't had any problems. I am really surprised about how much HP and torque they can produce, its nothing to write home about but not bad for a tiny motor

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
This is a proven motor in Europe. So far in at the dealership, we haven't had any problems. I am really surprised about how much HP and torque they can produce, its nothing to write home about but not bad for a tiny motor
Yes. I checked the 1.8T for comparison, and when they botn run a flat 250 Nm from 1500rpm up to 3500 rpm, it made sense to go budget for us on a reasonable daily. And it works ok with approx 0.65~0.7 L per 10km on OEM 18".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do they have much in the way of performance upgrades for it over in Europe yet?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
VWoA should offer this engine in US in Golf as base engine. I just bought 2016 Golf with 125hp version. People may think that it is only 125hp but this car is really nice to drive. It feels fast.

·
Registered
180 Posts
VWoA should offer this engine in US in Golf as base engine. I just bought 2016 Golf with 125hp version. People may think that it is only 125hp but this car is really nice to drive. It feels fast.

They do Already. Well its a 150bhp if i remember correctly. 170 something torque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
10k miles and nothing. Car seems a bit fragile..but that may just be me.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
FYI I took my car in for service and there was a recall for my car regarding a brake booster issue. It required an ECU software update.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got mine in june 2016 at 10k boost pressure sensor was replaced for check engine light. @13.5k my light came back on for a brake booster issue. Need to take it in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bought mine June 2016. Have 7800 miles on it now. So far it's been back to the dealership twice for brake booster pressure sensor issue. Fist time they replaced the vacuum tube and sensor at 3800 miles and last week at they had to reflash the ECU. Other than that I haven't had any other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had an issue where I lost a quart of oil by 4600 miles. At 2500 is was down 1/4 of a quart, 3500 was 1/2 a quart. Took it to the dealership. They drained all the oil, weighed the new oil they put in, and then took that oil back out and reweighed it after 1000mi (supposed to be a minimum of 650). Lost 2 grams of oil. They think it was either a ring not seated properly, that had seated, or an evap valve that was sticky. Right now its at 8500 and hasn't lost any more oil. It gets checked every Saturday now, which is about every 800 miles.

Edit: 2017 Jetta SE 1.4T w/ 5spd manual, picked it up in Dec.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts