VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to the break in period lol. I bought mine may 2016 and vw recommended 10k miles to break in fully cause I was complaining of tapping and shaking. Also shake is normal. I have a dogbone insert so the shake is more noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I hope you're right. I'll update later if that turns out to be the case. Thanks!
Our last Jetta, a mk4 1.8T wagon, never shook at all, and was the smoothest running VW (out of 19 so far) we've ever owned. I miss it already :(

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I hope you're right. I'll update later if that turns out to be the case. Thanks!
Our last Jetta, a mk4 1.8T wagon, never shook at all, and was the smoothest running VW (out of 19 so far) we've ever owned. I miss it already :(
I have an 02 Vw Jetta 1.8t and that thing is a dream and also prob one of the best years and tunable of the Vw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
Cabin air filter maybe

Maybe, but with such a new car? Only a few months old... maybe they missed putting a filter in because we can smell the windshield wiper fluid inside the car when using it. Anyone else experience that? Never was able to smell so many outside smells inside any other VW we've had. It's weird.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have an 02 Vw Jetta 1.8t and that thing is a dream and also prob one of the best years and tunable of the Vw.

Ours was an 04, so it had the 180 hp engine (with Magnaflow turbo back exhaust)... I miss the awesome power of the 1.8T, and German build quality of the wagon. But, do like the larger back seat since we have 2 kids in car seats, the fantastic fuel economy, and not having to use premium gasoline with this new Jetta.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I miss the awesome power of the 1.8T, and German build quality of the wagon... but do like the larger back seat since we have 2 kids in car seats, the fantastic fuel economy, and not having to use premium gasoline with this new Jetta.
Not gonna lie about that I’ve got 48 Mpg average cruising at 79 mph highway at night.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Maybe, but with such a new car? Only a few months old... maybe they missed putting a filter in because we can smell the windshield wiper fluid inside the car when using it. Anyone else experience that? Never was able to smell so many outside smells inside any other VW we've had. It's weird.
I can smell the wiper fluid if I have the button to let the outside air come in. And trust me a lot of smelly cattle where I live so I keep it on. It depends a lot on dust and pollen and many other things. Rotten smell like egg? Maybe someone threw an egg on ur car lol jk jk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Stealerships are dumb. Sometimes they know less than what we do.

Yea they told me i put the stock intake back together wrong as well and had the vacum lines wrong... i lol'd a d told them theres no way the vacum lines are wrong because theres only one. And the intake can only go back on one way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Yea they told me i put the stock intake back together wrong as well and had the vacum lines wrong... i lol'd a d told them theres no way the vacum lines are wrong because theres only one. And the intake can only go back on one way.

Are you F*cking kidding? That’s totally stupid there’s only the PCV vacuum hose as far as I know and that’s omg that stupid dude so stupid to laugh for an entire day about it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are you F*cking kidding? That’s totally stupid there’s only the PCV vacuum hose as far as I know and that’s omg that stupid dude so stupid to laugh for an entire day about it.

Car has now been in the shop for 13 days... still not fixed. However the time in the shop prior to this time when they said they fixed the issue i scanned the ecm out of curiosity and even though there was no check engine light i found a pending file with the same codes i took the car in for. Feel like im being dicked around. VW has made this a "tier 2" warrenty issue, whatever that may be...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Car has now been in the shop for 13 days... still not fixed. However the time in the shop prior to this time when they said they fixed the issue i scanned the ecm out of curiosity and even though there was no check engine light i found a pending file with the same codes i took the car in for. Feel like im being dicked around. VW has made this a "tier 2" warrenty issue, whatever that may be...

Why you think they call it the stealership? Man just tell us the codes maybe here in the forum we can help. That’s bs I’m sorry to hear that bro.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Why you think they call it the stealership? Man just tell us the codes maybe here in the forum we can help. That’s bs I’m sorry to hear that bro.

P300 p301 p302 p303 i believe. Its multiple cylinder missfire.... they cant figure it out. I probably wont have it back for another week. Hopefully none of the other 1.4 guys have this issue

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
P300 p301 p302 p303 i believe. Its multiple cylinder missfire.... they cant figure it out. I probably wont have it back for another week. Hopefully none of the other 1.4 guys have this issue

Idk I have 45k miles and no issues and I have ran 86 88 and 90 and 91 octanes and still yet to see something

·
Registered
180 Posts
Idk I have 45k miles and no issues and I have ran 86 88 and 90 and 91 octanes and still yet to see something

The dealer told me yesterday that my car is possibly the "unicorn"... they are now swapping injectors. They have checked timing, new plugs, coil packs, fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The dealer told me yesterday that my car is possibly the "unicorn"... they are now swapping injectors. They have checked timing, new plugs, coil packs, fuel pump.

Makes me wonder... did some reading-and lots of people say it’s ignition related and people often changes fuel and ignition components. Cam sensor maybe? Was there anything you felt different about it like the idle or the spool up time or anything out of the ordinary?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
With the issues you guys are having, do you think it may have something to do with where the car was assembled?
I don’t know mine was assembled in Mexico... Puebla I think. And I’m still going around no issues. But who knows.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I don’t know mine was assembled in Mexico... Puebla I think. And I’m still going around no issues. But who knows.

The only reason I ask is because in the MKV forum, people were experiencing problems based on where their car was assembled. That made me look at the sticker first before buying my rabbit at the time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
So after all, it was bad injectors and the problem is solved. Picked it up today

WTTTFFF that’s it... stealership Is sure making money out of that lol. I’m glad man hope you enjoy it and don’t give up on it since mine has already 46k miles and no problems. Keep us updated on mods on it as well.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts