VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
WTTTFFF that’s it... stealership Is sure making money out of that lol. I’m glad man hope you enjoy it and don’t give up on it since mine has already 46k miles and no problems. Keep us updated on mods on it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything was covered under warrenty. It started prior to going out of 36k mile bumper to bumper warrenty.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a little over 10,000 miles on my 17 Jetta 1.4t. Regular maintenance completed and no issues as of yet. Will keep you guys updated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just did a 4,000 mile road trip from NJ to South tip of Florida. I'm now at 38,000. I averaged 42 MPG for the trip, with probably 200+LB's of luggage (+ wife). I have Stage 1+ Tune. The car was smooth the entire way, and reinforced how awesome it is on the highway. Odd random noises aside, it is very pleasant to drive.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Just did a 4,000 mile road trip from NJ to South tip of Florida. I'm now at 38,000. I averaged 42 MPG for the trip, with probably 200+LB's of luggage (+ wife). I have Stage 1+ Tune. The car was smooth the entire way, and reinforced how awesome it is on the highway. Odd random noises aside, it is very pleasant to drive.
Lol damn man that’s wassup keep us updated how it goes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have a 2016 Jetta 1.4T that I bought in Nov of 2016 and have right around 80k on the car now. The only problems I’ve had was around 60k, I had fuel pressure sensor go bad and it put my car into a limp mode, replaced under warranty, cylinder 1 misfire which ended up being the coil pack, paid out of pocket for that, around 70k, had to replace strut tower bushing/bearing, covered under extended warranty, and now I’m getting a lean code P2177 I believe and it’s been to the shop once, claimed it was bad gas, burned the gas up, changed to a different gas station, code stayed off for a few weeks, came back again, drove it for a little bit, went off, and just two nights ago came back on. So I doubt it was bad gas, or maybe it was one of few contributing factors. Who knows. I’ll be bringing it back again, and see what they find this time. I did have the engine light come on for the brake booster with only like 200 miles on it in the beginning when I first got the car and that was fixed in like 10 minutes with an update. Overall, the car is great, just some dumb problems here and there, but I do put a lot of miles on the car every year so things are bound to break possibly faster than most others.

·
Registered
31 Posts
At 38k miles and I've been tuned with unitronic since 18k miles. Drive the card relatively hard and also have an exhaust along with an Injen intake. Haven't had any issues to speak of yet with the car. We will see what happens later on but the car has been really good Too me. Also it's a 6 speed auto if that matters to ya.

·
Registered
370 Posts
So just an update, the p2177 was caused by bad injectors. Changed my fuel pump and injectors and now everything runs smooth as butter. No more random idle shake I used to get which makes me think since I've read through this post some people getting that that the factory injectors are bad to begin with and have been revised since then. Anyways, car has been great, at 80k now and still climbing the mileage train.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

Just reached 70k miles (from 40mile since I bought it)
Not a single issue with it. Had K&N drop in since 10k miles. Had exhaust mufflers both removed about 10k miles with that and stock tune. Car pulls hard and great and also gets a redline a day and driven hard too. Car gets 91 octane for about 2 months now and it’s been good. About to go Custom Intake in a week or so when I get the elbow pipe. Also I would be buying this eBay Blow off pipe ( forge knockoff) and see how it works.

·
Registered
370 Posts

Just reached 70k miles (from 40mile since I bought it)
Not a single issue with it. Had K&N drop in since 10k miles. Had exhaust mufflers both removed about 10k miles with that and stock tune. Car pulls hard and great and also gets a redline a day and driven hard too. Car gets 91 octane for about 2 months now and it’s been good. About to go Custom Intake in a week or so when I get the elbow pipe. Also I would be buying this eBay Blow off pipe ( forge knockoff) and see how it works.

Do you have a video of what the car sounds like with both mufflers cut off and how does it sound inside?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Do you have a video of what the car sounds like with both mufflers cut off and how does it sound inside?

https://youtu.be/IwWrh7umGck
https://youtu.be/39k0738ZvPc
https://youtu.be/gp2f8DbIFSY
https://youtu.be/DNT6Jl1L9_I
https://youtu.be/oD2Zq1V9Dy8
https://youtu.be/GEjcE9jtkGE

Took me a while but all uploaded now lol. Sorry for no tip. Tip broke off. Btw those are custom LEDs if you were wondering.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
159,000 miles on a 2015 I bought in the spring. Had to replace the Mechatronic and did the timing belt job. Everything feels solid for a car with those miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
56k miles and on my 1.4l Jetta. Getting code p0302 and p0017. Had EPC light and check engine light on. Replaces spark plugs and EPC light went off but check engine is still on. Just replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor and lights still on. Engine is making a loud squealing noise and shaking. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Around 35,000 miles; I noticed a bit of power reduction and hesitation in power delivery when giving it a lot of throttle.

Had my spark plugs replaced as scheduled at the 40,000 miles service, and the power is back to where it was (at least it feels like it's all good now). It idles a tad smoother too.

Never had a CEL now at 41,000 miles.

2016 Jetta SE Auto.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
17 1.4T 5spd. 77k only CEL was for P04F0. NOTE: Do not overfill your tank. Once it clicks take it off and done. Thanks to overfilling I think my evap purge valve might have got some gas. Either way I shut it off and stayed permanent then went away then it just came back . I’m almost empty so hopefully this will help clean it off. Other than that no CEL so far.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
56k miles and on my 1.4l Jetta. Getting code p0302 and p0017. Had EPC light and check engine light on. Replaces spark plugs and EPC light went off but check engine is still on. Just replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor and lights still on. Engine is making a loud squealing noise and shaking. Any ideas?
May want to start your own thread with this one. Were there any additional codes after it was all replaced?

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
The lease on my 2017 Jetta SE is coming up. I'm making arrangements to sell to Carvana or Carmax due to the high resale values of used cars to pocket some equity. 12,900 miles on it currently. That being said, here are the issues I have had:

1. Oil seeping from Rear Main Seal first noticed at 11,600 miles. It is a minor seep that doesn't drip but would be concerning if I were to keep the car. I think it has to actively drip for VW warranty to cover the repair.
2. Not engine related but the Push button start system gets erratic when the weather turns colder. I get the key symbol on the cluster, or a message saying key not found even after replacing key fob batteries. Incidence is intermittent, maybe once a week.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
At 12k miles and already problems like that I would jump Ship too.

Newer cars are ****e!

·
Registered
41 Posts
At 12k miles and already problems like that I would jump Ship too.

Newer cars are ****e!
Yeah, I was planning on buying out the lease till I started running into problems with it. Hate to admit it but I just bought a new 2020 Toyota Rav4 LE this weekend. Its not nearly as fun to drive, but at this point I'm ok with just a boring, reliable appliance to get me around and I need the additional cargo capacity of a crossover.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts