VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Koni Coilovers installed. (Pics up now)

Finally got around to getting them installed tonight.
10 threads from the bottom in the front and full drop in the rear... looks right where I want it to sit.
As for the ride, holy crap... the guy that installed them (who works on vw's for a living and has done a ridiculous amount of modding) said it's probably one of the smoothest riding vw with coils he's been in. (mind you he tends to mod the older gens
)
All in all, i'm happy as hell right now.
****ty iPhone pics until the weather lets me wash and do it proper:

Modified by AlexmkVI at 2:13 PM 4-27-2010

·
Registered
677 Posts
Re: (RiledMKV)

Looks great! Do you think you could snap a picture of the front wheels up close? I'd like to see how far in they still are with the spacer. Do you think you could put an 8mm or 10mm up front instead? Thanks...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Stein)

Thanks for the comments guys!
Quote, originally posted by Stein »
Looks great! Do you think you could snap a picture of the front wheels up close? I'd like to see how far in they still are with the spacer. Do you think you could put an 8mm or 10mm up front instead? Thanks...

Here's the front:

That's with 10 threads from the bottom on the coilovers and a 5mm spacer. As for right now it only rubs if I hit a hard turn going over 15mph or if I hit a bump while turning...
Don't know how much more it would affect it if I go lower (which I'm planning on dropping it all this weekend on the front) and with wider spacers. Though to be honest I feel that an 8mm spacer up front would be perfectly fine. Even 10mm should be ok.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (absoluteczech)

It's a hard compromise for me since I love the wider stance

It's just about right for what I like right now... I'll have to see what I need to do once I get wheels.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
How much $$$ for the installation?
I won't be doing it immediately, but I think my TDI would look much better a little lower. I also wouldn't mind if it were a little more firm with stiffer springs and a little more flat with bigger bars. I'm no race car driver, but I know it feels good even for normal driving to be a little lower, firmer, and flatter. Just making plans.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (ksing44)

Quote, originally posted by ksing44 »
How much $$$ for the installation?
I won't be doing it immediately, but I think my TDI would look much better a little lower. I also wouldn't mind if it were a little more firm with stiffer springs and a little more flat with bigger bars. I'm no race car driver, but I know it feels good even for normal driving to be a little lower, firmer, and flatter. Just making plans.

Not sure how much it would be to get it done at a shop somewhere... did it with a friend (who's a mechanic at a vw dealer)... getting it aligned and adjusted as well this weekend.
I'd guess 350-400 though for install/alignment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.