VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
14,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate asking for this. but, I was going to pick up some H&R ultra's or ultra ultra lows, but they're back ordered untill late april, B&G's are also back ordered...so im looking at Koni's now. I've been searching around and i can't seem to find any pics of how low the Konis will actually bring you down.
anyone?

· Registered
19,459 Posts
Re: Koni pic request (Full Collapse)

you could look up shawn raymond's old gti, wagonowner is his screenname. he was on 17's.
this is my car on 15's and 195/45's. pretty low but at the absolute last level of adjustment possible. the lower perch wasnt threaded on, only the top one and that was only about 1/2 to 1 full spin on. koni also offers different springs for their coils according to WRD, i have been trying to find out information on that but they have yet to respond to my email.
at that price range id personally wait for the H&R's. i want to grab a set myself.

· Registered
14,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Koni pic request (rlsib16)

Thats what was making me rethink it, theyre almost $100 more than B&G's and only $100 less than H&R's. I talked to NGP and they told me H&R's are back ordered until late April at the earliest. And B&G's are always back ordered

i've also contemplated the weitec XS's...but i hear conflicting things about them. 2.0 guys seem to like them, while the VR dudes hate em.

· Registered
6,456 Posts

I had Weitec GT coilovers and now have H&R Ultra Ultras, and the H&R ride quality is a HUGE improvement. It's like night and day, I just can't describe how much better it rides. Well worth the extra $200 and even 2 month wait. I believe Weitecs go lower than the Konis, but even the Weitecs won't touch the Ultra Ultra drop range unless you pull the helpers and trim the bumpstops.

· Banned
37 Posts
Re: Koni pic request (rlsib16)

Quote, originally posted by rlsib16 »
weitecs do go lower than the konis, but ive been told by someone who has weitecs that the ride quality on the konis is better.

depends on your settings, too, i bet.
riding in your fully dumped car with the konis was totally different than riding in my car with my semi-low weitecs on fully-stiff

· Registered
14,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Koni pic request (broken dipstick)

Quote, originally posted by broken dipstick »
i have my konis set at full stiffy.
i have yet to hit my tire on the fender over a bump.. that's how tight the dampening is..

That's what I'm looking for. I want to dump it, with a decent ride..and I want a lifetime warrenty.
I have a weitec 80/60 and enjoy how it ride, then I got some FK coils off a friends corrado, hated how they rode and went back to the cup kit. I ust wanna do it right this time.
I'm just wondering for the price range if I should just wait out the backorders or just get konis

· Registered
1,142 Posts

I have my Konis all the way down (well, 4 threads or 1/4" up, to keep the spring in at full travel). I have 3" at my sub frame (I was reading that tread about measuring...). I also ride with them full stiff. I can get bouncy at certain times, but I really like the ride.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.