VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to install Eibach Pro-kits and Koni Reds on my 97 Jetta VR6. The shocks are adjustable, but only when it is basically off the car. The car is a daily driver (even through winter) but i will probably take it to Shannonville racetrack for some track days. What should i set them at? I was thinking the middle setting for the front and full hard for the rear? I still want to be the ride to be comfortable though. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (MikekiM)

I guess it would make sense if the rear ones were set a little firmer than the fronts. Maybe i'll do 30% Front and 50% rear? Is this ok for track use too? Anyone else have input?

· Registered
469 Posts
Quote »

Never set a KONI shock full stiff. They don't recommend it, and Eibach's certainly aren't stiff enough to warrant it.
I'd set the shocks about 30-50% for the front and rear.

does Koni not reccomend this? the externally adjustable Konis on my miata were set to full stiff for about 5 months (maybe 500-1000 miles). will this cause permanent damage to them? i hope not, they were $150 apiece!

Modified by stylngle2003 at 2:11 PM 11-22-2004

· Banned
910 Posts
Re: (chewy'sjetta)

it is not about whether they will wear out quicker or not which i doubt, but the car will bounce and rattle if you put too much.
Our cars are pretty light in the rear so there is no need to go stiff.
My take is 40 / 30
It also depends on the springs but for an average set of springs

· Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i set them at mid level, car rides very well. rear sits low, so i might move the rear perch up because there is provision to do so. I think suspension wise, rear sway bar is all i'm away from handling well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.