VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought koni yellow struts and shocks 3 yrs ago from tuning zubehor, i was going to install new springs the other day and came to find that both fronts are blown. i was under the impression that konis carry a lifetime warranty, but when i called tz today the guy told me that it's only 1 year! he said he'd contact germany (whatever that means) and get back to me tomorrow. i'm going to be raging pissed if i can't get these struts replaced. can someone confirm for me that konis carry a lifetime warranty? if i can't get these replaced can they be rebuilt?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Re: koni struts/shocks lifetime warranty? (A2GTI_8V)

Quote, originally posted by A2GTI_8V »
who is he and how can he help me?

i wanna know too... i have a set of koni yellow's that are blown, and i wanna rebuild them.. can he get me the parts/info?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: koni struts/shocks lifetime warranty? (vwdr1ver)

well i found konis website http://www.koni-na.com and it clearly states that koni street struts/shocks have a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser, it also has a phone number for their repair shop. i'm just wondering if it is going to be cost effective to send them out for repair, and if i can afford to have my daily driver off the road for 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
10,616 Posts

i met a guy that was in the process of getting his koni's replaced under the lifetime warranty. He's had them a few years and that's his second set of warranty claim. They are (neuspeed who sold him the struts) more stringent for warranty claims nowadays though.
Why do these Koni's blow out all the time? I have Bilstein Sports and they have been great for 8 years...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Quote, originally posted by A2GTI_8V »
well i found konis website http://www.koni-na.com and it clearly states that koni street struts/shocks have a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser, it also has a phone number for their repair shop. i'm just wondering if it is going to be cost effective to send them out for repair, and if i can afford to have my daily driver off the road for 2-3 weeks.

If you call and talk to, or email Gordon Benson, he will tell you what you have to do.
They usually sell you new ones at wholesale and then you swap them out. Then when you send yours back the credit you the money back if they are messed up under warranty.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Re: koni struts/shocks lifetime warranty? (jetrocVR616V)

Quote, originally posted by jetrocVR616V »

If you call and talk to, or email Gordon Benson, he will tell you what you have to do.
They usually sell you new ones at wholesale and then you swap them out. Then when you send yours back the credit you the money back if they are messed up under warranty.

**** that. he shouldnt have to buy jack! they better replace them. period.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Re: koni struts/shocks lifetime warranty? (jetrocVR616V)

Does this guy work for Koni? Or just a Koni retailer?
I think mine are bad (Koni Orange) but I'm not the original owner, so no warranty.
Quote, originally posted by jetrocVR616V »

·
Registered
375 Posts
Re: koni struts/shocks lifetime warranty? (xr4tic)

I've heard that Koni's warranty does no longer apply if the car har been lowered more than 40mm...on the yellow ones...unless you've ordered them specially shortened.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Re: koni struts/shocks lifetime warranty? (89Deuce)

Quote, originally posted by 89Deuce »

**** that. he shouldnt have to buy jack! they better replace them. period.

Just telling you how they work it.
If you do not want to be with out the car, it is a good way to handle it.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Re: koni struts/shocks lifetime warranty? (xr4tic)

Quote, originally posted by xr4tic »
Does this guy work for Koni? Or just a Koni retailer?
I think mine are bad (Koni Orange) but I'm not the original owner, so no warranty.

He works for Koni.
If you are not the original owner, they do not have to warranty them.
Some times you can slide one through on Neuspeed. They worked with me on mine.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: koni struts/shocks lifetime warranty? (mr.jenssen)

Quote, originally posted by mr.jenssen »
I've heard that Koni's warranty does no longer apply if the car har been lowered more than 40mm...on the yellow ones...unless you've ordered them specially shortened.

how are they gonna know how low your car is? you'd have to be a fool to tell them your car was "mad slammed yo"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts