VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: KR 16v injection wiring diagram (Mash)

Ok well here is what I have found out about the KR system. it has electronic ignition and electronic idle stabilization. The fuel system is full mechanical w/o an O2 sensor or cat. I have the Fuel distributor. I know I need more stuff. I have this book that totally describes everything I need to know. the only problem is that it is in German and I cant read German. So basically I have been doing word matching in the book when a picture is referenced to a part I can identify.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Re: KR 16v injection wiring diagram (Rabbit 16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ok well here is what I have found out about the KR system. it has electronic ignition and electronic idle stabilization. The fuel system is full mechanical w/o an O2 sensor or cat. I have the Fuel distributor. I know I need more stuff. I have this book that totally describes everything I need to know. the only problem is that it is in German and I cant read German. So basically I have been doing word matching in the book when a picture is referenced to a part I can identify.[HR][/HR]​
That's right, no 02, no Cat. What are you trying to achieve?

·
Banned
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: KR 16v injection wiring diagram (Mash)

Proper idle stabilization from a system that was designed from the factory. I dont like having to babysit the car in the morning when its cold. Not to mention the fact that if I used the entire system I can get around 15hp gain over the PL engine management system.

·
Banned
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: KR 16v injection wiring diagram (16volt)

well yes and no. AFA JUST the fuel delivery you are right. However the KR DOES have a control unit. This is used to control timing and idle. Hence the reason for the coolant temp sensor and an electronic idle stabilizer valve. This is mainly what i am concerned with.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Re: KR 16v injection wiring diagram (Rabbit 16v)

Well put it this way...the control brain part numbers are the same for both the KR and PL. KR's used the same ISV setup as the PL so unless they came with a extra brain box which im 95% sure they did not my original point still stands.
Both KR and PL injection use the same coolant temp sender in the head, the KR injection just cross references this with the warm up regulator if memory serves.

·
Banned
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: KR 16v injection wiring diagram (16volt)

Ok well then that explains the ignition system. However it still does not explain the idle stabilization. On the PL the ISV is controlled by the CIS-E brain and the KR does not have this brain but does have an ISV. I have seen pics of this brain for the ISV and it looks like a double relay and is mounted in the center console (at least for a GTI). Also if the PL and KR use the same coolant temp sensor then its entire purpose for the KR is merely to operate idle speed at a certain temp. The PL uses this sesor to fluctuate milleamps in the DPR as well as control idle. Also if the control brain for the KR is the same as the PL and we are assuming this is for ignition then why does the KR only have ONE throttle switch and the PL has two? I know the wiring for the PL pretty well and BOTH throttle switches go to the knock brain.
just trying to make some sense here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.