VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to buy myself a kraftswerk tranny mainly due to the fact that I dont want to rebuild my transmission myself. I wish i had the money to add the quaife but i dont have $2000 to throw around right now. So does anybody have experience with the kraftswerk tranny for a 16v? Any problems with them at all? Just want to make sure i am getting a good product.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Re: Kraftswerk tranny coming (8716vrocco)

i have heard good things about them.
a bit $$ IMO, but you probably get what you pay for (i guess)
my tranny rebuild cost me $1450 CDN, and here are the specs (built to my specs too)
100mm heavy duty drive flanges
Peloquin differential heavy duty Bolt Kit
Peloquin limited slip differential upgrade
new Sachs pressure plate
new Sachs clutch disc
all new seals, bearings and gaskets
3.94 ring gear and pinion gear set
1st - 3.45 (16v)
2nd - 2.12 (16v)
3rd - 1.44 (16v)
4th - 1.13 (8v)
0.71 5th gear conversion
16v close ratio 1st to 3rd
8v close ratio 4th
9A case
large style reverse switch
weighted shifter (1.5lbs)
short shift kit

·
Registered
517 Posts

Love it. Got mine done 25k ago with a bolt kit, closer ratios and a 5th gear conversion. Shaun is the man when it comes to transmissions, I went over to his shop to take my worked one back and he pulled it apart for me to see what happened - there were metal shavings everywhere. Three of the teeth from the final drive (I think) were totally gone, man it was a mess. Anyways, you won't look back plus you have added security of having the bolt kit on it instead of those stupid rivets VW used. Have fun again

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Kraftswerk tranny coming (wleonard1)

is the velocity stage 2 the 100mm flanges and the .71 5th gear? on the web site they said it was $100 extra on top of the $1000 for the tranny. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,181 Posts

no.
quote:[HR][/HR]is the velocity stage 2 the 100mm flanges and the .71 5th gear? [HR][/HR]​
check out this to do a bit of background reading : http://cars.vwsport.com/gears/index.html
the 100mm flanges are what your CVs bolt to. 8v trannies came with 90mm. if you want to use your CVs then you need to get 100mm flanges

As for the 0.71 fifth... well that is seperate as well. it is simply a diferent gear ratio for 5th. less teeth (or is it more..
) , so you get higher top speed.
the diff kit is the same one i have (peloquin). try searching both rocco and rocco classified for info on this as it has been covered to great extent.
hope this info helps!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.