VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
24,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation:
I'm trying to source a 2y transmission for my Jetta and i've got a GREAT deal on one with 5700K on the rebuild. Rebuild was done by Kraftswerk(working on getting documentation from seller). While rebuilding they installed a diff. bolt kit and a .75 5th gear.
My question:
I would like feedback about kraftswerk. I've been reading threads and they're all about 50/50. I've got a buddy that has been running a Kraftswerk 9A close ratio in his GTI for about 2 years with no problems. If you've dealt with Kraftswerk, what is your opinion on their trannys?
There is no need to bash Kraftswerk, i would just like positive/negative feedback.
Right now it's looking like i'm going to buy it.

Modified by reynolds9000 at 6:20 AM 11-14-2004

· Registered
5,101 Posts
Re: Kraftswerk. (reynolds9000)

yes the bolt kit replaces the plastic rivets that are well known to sms outt he tranny ie self destruct- sms= self machining syndrome
but yes it replaces the plastic rivets with actualy bolts and nuts so that wont ever happen
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
24,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Kraftswerk. (Tbird 1.8+)

ok, that's what i thought. Does anyone know how much a 2Y rebuild, from Kraftswerk, with a bolt kit and .75 5th would cost?
I'm getting this tranny for $475 w/ 5700 miles.

· Registered
The mk3.75
19,468 Posts
Re: Kraftswerk. (reynolds9000)

Quote, originally posted by Tbird 1.8+ »
i heard all good.
they back what they build with warrant i beleive

That's the thing...some folks have been refused warranty service for no reason, without even inspecting the blown tranny in question.
Quote, originally posted by Tbird 1.8+ »
yes the bolt kit replaces the plastic rivets that are well known to sms outt he tranny ie self destruct- sms= self machining syndrome

Dude...the rivets that hold the diff and ring gear together are NOT plastic.

Quote, originally posted by reynolds9000 »
ok, that's what i thought. Does anyone know how much a 2Y rebuild, from Kraftswerk, with a bolt kit and .75 5th would cost?
I'm getting this tranny for $475 w/ 5700 miles.

Might be best to call Kraftswerk for that one.

· Registered
24,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Kraftswerk. (punkassjim)

Quote, originally posted by punkassjim »
Might be best to call Kraftswerk for that one.

I'm waiting for documentation on the rebuild.
The guy that owns it now bought it from a friend, who sent it Kraftswerk. The guy who originally sent it used it for only 5700 after the rebuild because he decided to go VR(in his mk2). The guy who has it now is selling it because he was going to use it in his Rabbit project but found a deal on a 9A tranny after already buying the 2Y he's selling to me.
I have not commited to the sale yet, i'm making sure that I get proof of the rebuild and was planning on calling Kraftwerk just to confirm. Anyone know their number? Their site is down and has been for a while..

· Registered
24,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Kraftswerk. (vwjettawolfie98)

back to the top. any more opinions?
Looks like i'm going to make the decision to get it, hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. I've heard good and bad things about kraftswerk, but this is by far the best deal i've found, with the least amount of miles. It's got a bolt kit and a .75 5th, so it's exactly what i've been looking for.
Anyone know a contact number for Kraftswerk and where they're located?

Modified by reynolds9000 at 5:26 PM 11-15-2004

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.