VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the inevitable happened last night, I woke up this morning and there was a puddle of gear lube under the car. The C still drives but whines real bad and clicks and clunks on and on. Something different broke in the trans, something I have yet to experience.
Any way waht i'm trying to say is hows Kraftswerk? I've alway thought of them as pretty good, but now that I think of it I haven't heard any stories of them, good or bad.
I figured I want a 6 speed, Peloqin, and 3.94 final drive. If any one wants to sell me an similarly built trans, gimme a holla.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Re: Kraftswerks Transmissions (CorradoKidd)

ill b getting one eventually... after the new year
what car came with the gearing you want?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Re: Kraftswerks Transmissions (jininkan)

Mine is great. no complaints and sean is very knowledgable. Easy to talk to too. Give him a call..

·
Registered
20,448 Posts
Re: Kraftswerks Transmissions (bluloo)

quote:[HR][/HR]Mine is great. no complaints and sean is very knowledgable. Easy to talk to too. Give him a call..[HR][/HR]​
dito.
just make sure its installed correctly aka the linkage adjusted if not bad stuff will happen i know this.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Re: Kraftswerks Transmissions (VW1990CORRADO)

No way Biggs, you're going for the gusto??
Also, keep an eye out for me for an 85-92 4-door Golf for less than $500, doesn't have to run, just want a decent body. My dad sold my Camaro, the guy is picking it up on Sunday.

Mr. Biggs....who left you died and left you as Ronald Isley??

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Kraftswerks Transmissions (jininkan)

quote:[HR][/HR]what car came with the gearing you want?[HR][/HR]​
Passat 16V

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Kraftswerks Transmissions (G60247)

quote:[HR][/HR]Also, keep an eye out for me for an 85-92 4-door Golf for less than $500, [HR][/HR]​
Awww, I just missed one like 2 wks ago. A trade in at Gambacorta, 91 dark grey, no 5th gear. I passed on it cause I didn't need another dub that needs work.

·
Registered
16,251 Posts

you might want to call up adirondack, wwwgermanautoparts.com as they usually have a good price on trannys
Search around the forums and you might find a good deal on a quaife. is the 20% still on at auto tech?
just to be a wise ass this didn't happen in as cool a way that the axle did, did it? If so I want to see the video

[Modified by G60ING, 12:29 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
37,533 Posts

Dude, this is whatcha gotta do...
Remove the speedo sensor and stick a 1" hose into the hole. Tap the other end of the hose onto a bucket filled with some cheap ass tranny fluid. Viola! You can now drive your car as it leaks!

If you need help tossing on that tranny, give a brutha a holler.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Kraftswerks Transmissions (need_a_VR6)

I like paul's idea

Frank, believe it or not, I've been driving the car kind of easy the past few weeks, so I don't know what happened, but I knew something wasn't right during my drive home last night.

Also how do I get ahold of Kraftswerk? Their websit doesn't have their #. I would call Adirondack (excelent souce for factory parts IMO) but I want a worked tranny.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts

what about a group buy on kraftswerks 6 speeds.. im in.. how many others would be intrested if i can try to det it up for late jan but no later than march.. about that time i will be orderingmy tranny..

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Kraftswerks Transmissions (onequickg60)

Oooohh! Ooohh! Me, me! I'm in! But I need one before then, unless we can get a really, reallyyyyyyyy, awesome price, then I might be forced to drive my 89 16V GTI around for the winter.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts

Is that car still there?? Also, do you still go to the auctions??
This project needs to start out as budget as poss.
6-speed?? Did you get that thing running right yet???

·
Registered
477 Posts
Re: Kraftswerks Transmissions (G60247)

Here's the number for Kraftwerks - (909) 926-9636
I've had one of their 5-speeds in my C for about a year with no complaints at all. Give them a call.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts