VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has purchased these tires and what they think about them. Just bought a set from tirerack.com for $48.00 per tire. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
12,035 Posts
Theyre alright. I run them, I dont spin second at all with front and rear poly mounts, 16v tranny and clutch and turbo. They handle alright too, and wear pretty evenly. Just rotate them every now and then. I get about 15000 miles out of them if im not mistaken

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Re: Kumho ECSTA 711 Opinions... (vwjettalikewhoa)

when buying tires, you get what you pay for. I had kumho's and was severly dissapointed when i only got 10,000 mi out of them. My next pair of bridgestones is going 20,000+ and strong with excellent traction. Spend the extra $$ and get something decent.

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm currently running Nankangs so anything besides a Nankang is an upgrade IMO. I figured they can't be that great for the price why not give it a shot? Did you say you only got 10,000 miles out of them. That's crazy, I hope thats not the case...

· Registered
536 Posts
Re: (passatrcr)

Quote, originally posted by passatrcr »
Loud and really craptastic wet traction.

just to reiterate, they're retarthless in the rain, but noise didn't bother me so much. save up a few more bucks and get something else.

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That bad in the rain huh? Too late to change they should be arriving tomorrow or Thursday. I'll suck it up for now and get better tires next time. For what I paid, if they only last me 15,000 miles I won't even be mad.

Modified by trickedVR6 at 4:40 PM 3-14-2006

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Re: Kumho ECSTA 711 Opinions... (vwjettalikewhoa)

Quote, originally posted by vwjettalikewhoa »
from what i remember i wasnt overly impressed with them, the wet traction was lacking but for the price i didnt expect a whole lot.

X2 i just bought a set of bfg g force , i will be putting them on tomorrow

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.