VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any insight on KW/ST suspension?

Looking at the V1 or V2. Wasn't sure if the extra money would be worth it for the V2, looks like the only additional feature is adjustable damping which i'm not sure i'd use.

The ST suspension i'm reading is the same as the KW, just without the stainless.

ECS tuning guys say to go with V1 unless your planning on lots of track days. Guys at KW say V2, because it costs more i'm sure.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Anyone have any insight on KW/ST suspension?

Looking at the V1 or V2. Wasn't sure if the extra money would be worth it for the V2, looks like the only additional feature is adjustable damping which i'm not sure i'd use.

The ST suspension i'm reading is the same as the KW, just without the stainless.

ECS tuning guys say to go with V1 unless your planning on lots of track days. Guys at KW say V2, because it costs more i'm sure.
The big difference is the valving and spring rates. V2 rates are in the 300-400 range if I recall. V3 is something like 450lb to 500lb rates. V1 is closer to OEM for street comfort and should be in the 200-300. KW is the only company I know of that publishes their spring rates so check out their website because I'm going from memory and that's going to sh!t with each passing day.

If you're just looking to lower it for looks V1, if you want to see some moderate handling improvements V2. ECS is full of it, V2 won't be as comfortable for street but it really is designed for street with occasional track use.

If you can afford it get Ohlins though. By far the most comfortable and best handling out of the box solution for our cars. KW is good, Ohlins is just that much better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My TTS has been on KW street comfort coilovers for 6 months. They have a rebound adjustment, and with a mild drop, the ride is still firm but not as harsh as the original setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, i emailed kw and they said and the spring rates are the same v1-v3. only difference is the adjustability. I got the v3 bc my friends pressured me. the ride is great but i cant compare it to oem bc my stock mag ride were completely destroyed from the day i got the car (car drove like a boat)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts