VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KW Suspensions North America would like to take this opportunity to
thank all of the VW Vortexers for participating in the KW Introductory Offer.
As many of you know, this program was designed to employ you as a
spokesperson for KW Suspensions, through education and experience. Now
that you have had your KW Coilovers installed for a few weeks, and had
some time to evaluate them first hand, we would like to hear from you!
Please post your questions, comments and suggestions on this forum and
let us know how to take KW Suspensions to the next level in complete
performance, service, and quality. The information gathered will allow
KW Suspensions North America to meet and exceed all of your expectations.
P.S. For all of the people that missed out on this special offer, we
invite you to visit the all-new
www.kwsuspensions.com featuring the NEW 2002 VW & Audi Pricing and
Applications. You wont regret it!
Thank you in advance for your participation.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Re: KW Suspensions invites you to "Let us know what you think!" (KW Suspensions)

Good service and kind enough to answer stupid questions (like from me...).
Would be nice to keep the prices low.
Typical sport suspension, like it!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Re: KW Suspensions invites you to "Let us know what you think!" (KW Suspensions)

I got my V2's about a year ago. Do they not have the externally adjustable tool thingie??? Because I didn't get one with my setup.
Wife doesn't like how harsh they are, but hey it's not her car.
I do get kind of annoyed when I come across cyclic highway bumps.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: KW Suspensions invites you to "Let us know what you think!" (shaggymatt)

Well, I like the looks of the kit. The ride seems to be great for track days but a little too harsh on the small bumps for daily driving (not too bad however). The one problem I do have (and I did talk to your tech support with no resolution) is that I was instructed to cut the rear bumpstops in half. The problem with that is if you cut the top off then it will no longer fit into the upper shock mount properly. If you cut the bottom off then the dust shield cannot be reattached. The factory bumpstops uncut are very large and could pose a problem with bottoming out. Even with the rear raised all the way up it is still a very large drop from stock. I would have liked to have custom designed bumpstops for the rear included in the kit like the ones you provided for the front shocks. I am still waiting to hear from your tech support on this. I also requested that if new bumpstops couldn't be provided that you reimburse me for some new factory bumpstops as mine are now useless after cutting them based on your tech support's recommendation(They may want to stop telling people to cut them!). I would still recommend these units as they give a firm, sporty ride that allows the car to have controlled handling at over 140MPH (Don't ask how I know! ). The one other thing I might recommend from an installation standpoint is that the front shock adjustment threading is very large. It looks like over 6 inches of adjustment is possible. When I brought this up to your tech support they said that only a portion of this threading was meant to be used for our vehicle application. If you went too low then it would be out of the range of efficiency for the kit. I would recommend marking the adjustment area on the threading for each kit that is vehicle specific (apparently the shock bodies are used on many different cars and that is why the large amount of adjustment threading is there) so the users would know the actual range of adjustment for their vehicles. Just giving my feedback as requested, David

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: KW Suspensions invites you to "Let us know what you think!" (Wunder Wagen)

Just wanted to provide a followup on my issue. It seems KW is paying close attention to this thread and I have already been contacted about my rear bumpstop issue. They seem very serious about finding out about our opinions on their product. Please post so that your feedback can make a difference. All I can say is great customer service!!!! David

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

David,
as said earlier I didn't have to cut my bumpstops and sofar no problems at all, even with slightly lowered rear, 3 kids, all the school gear, wife and myself. Glad to hear you get the attention (not like JE......
).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: KW Suspensions invites you to "Let us know what you think!" (andyA6)

Yeah, it could have been that the Intrax springs were softer. I know the KW's are stiffer than my last setup. It is hard to believe with a bumpstop as large as the factory rear ones are that they don't bottom out. I think that with the KW's at the highest setting in the back it is still a 2" drop from stock. With it adjusted all the way down I didn't even feel safe pulling it out of the driveway! Damn these things go low!
David

·
Registered
187 Posts

I havent installed it yet. This week hopefully. My mechanic was wondering about the documents inside tho.
How about an english translation? Anything he should know before installing it for me? Should I or should i not have the bumpstops cut?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.