VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
KW Suspensions North America would like to take this opportunity to
thank all of the VW Vortexers for participating in the KW Introductory Offer.
As many of you know, this program was designed to employ you as a
spokesperson for KW Suspensions, through education and experience. Now
that you have had your KW Coilovers installed for a few weeks, and had
some time to evaluate them first hand, we would like to hear from you!
Please post your questions, comments and suggestions on this forum and
let us know how to take KW Suspensions to the next level in complete
performance, service, and quality. The information gathered will allow
KW Suspensions North America to meet and exceed all of your expectations.
P.S. For all of the people that missed out on this special offer, we
invite you to visit the all-new
www.kwsuspensions.com featuring the NEW 2002 VW & Audi Pricing and
Applications. You wont regret it!
Thank you in advance for your participation.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would like you to know that I will GLADLY take the opportunity to put these coil-overs on my car and give feedback. Sadly nobody gave feedback from last time, how dare them, its 2010 where are the responses?!

I'm currently in the market big time for coils, shocks, shine, new spindles, or SOMETHING to make my GTI ride GREAT. Soooooo many different threads on here (the sticky above this one)about geometry, coils vs shocks, spring matched to different company shocks etc....it makes the decision really hard. I'm so overwhelmed with the possibilities but my car on the other hand is overwhelmed by the slightest bump in the road along with each bump aggravating me more and more, feels like my car is about to fall apart. Not sure if i want to buy stock shocks for now until i research a LOT more to save myself aggravation or

I see that NONE responded here and I would like to put you guys to the challenge :) 2001 was a long time ago I know, but what better time to bring back a discount/deal :beer: Hell, I'll also even put a sticker on each side of my rear window about the size of my palm to help promote them (and if you can send the stickers too):p. Of course, I would need a deal (call it a military discount or something) ;)

Also what are the prices for rebuilds on them if you guys do that and warranty info? That's another big deal to me, if i was to spend 1500 on them and be able to rebuild each for like 150 each or whatever it might but, it would def be worth it i think. If I did get the tt spindles and these I would be golden right? Sway me the right way :D

V/r
Hedgehodge

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Got the KW "high sport" model on my R32. Overall, a good coilover but not really designed to handle rough winter conditions and/or streets. Had them less than a year and front struts appear to be blown out already. Looking in to warranty info right now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I ran Koni's on my 04 GTI for about a year and a half, the only trouble I had was once the struts blew out from bumpy/ pothole filled roads, I couldn't get them off. The hollow nut on the top of the front struts was pretty worthless and crumpled upon trying to remove the top nut, other than that little design flaw, they were great. Oh and if you could maybe sell the new front replacement struts separately would be awesome.;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have not had much of a chance yet to put them to the test(KW v.3) seeing that our winter never seems to want to give up. What little chance I have had so far, I like the ride. The suggested settings were a little harsh, but after talking with one of your techs he suggested a new setup and it seems to be much better now.

The roads are in really bad shape here, I hope I don't have to test the KW warranty reliability.

·
Registered
38 Posts
loved them on my mk4 but theruff roads in maine have taken a toll on mine and info on whats what is a little ruff to find. they were exceptional in florida tho:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts