VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Kw Variant 1 Coilover, Install Complete!!!!(pics!) (cwash36)

Well i have only been out for a quick spin to make sure everything is settled in ok,went back in the garadge took off the wheels checket that eveything was tight and re asembled wipers,wheel well liners etc.
To be honest, from my initial interpritations is that the pirelli p6's dont do the sus. any justice ,hence my next purchase will be either aftermarket wheels/tires, or just some ps2's.
The ride is however somewhat remarkable considering. I have never had a coilover that rode so much like stock in terms of the ride quality.
I will let you guys know how it REALY performs this afternoon after an agressive driving sesion

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Kw Variant 1 Coilover, Install Complete!!!!(pics!) (cwash36)

Forgot to mention, the install itself was the easiest one i have ever done!
I have previously installed coilovers or shocks/springs on:Miata,bmw e36m3,vw golfIV,ford explorer,bmw z3 mCoupe and some others and this was by far the most straight forward. Having had some prior experience, i really didnt need the directions and its a good thing cause they sucked! There were however two issues 1) getting the front schocks out of the seats (waisted 2hrs figuring it out) and 2) (my fault) i took apart the trunk thinking i needed to, to acess the rear rsms, much to my dismay all i had to do was pull out the lining in the wheel well to acess it (wasted 45min)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Kw Variant 1 Coilover, Install Complete!!!!(pics!) (aLLsTaRDUB)

its almost at the bottom of the colar i have about another .25 inch of drop left if i wanted. I will prob. take it too within a week or so, i want the car a little lower but im too tired to take all the wheels off right now, although thats all thats involved in adjusting the height,nice and easy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.