VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For F.A.Q.
What is the L/R Parking Light Feature?
"It enables the use of the city light and outer parking brake light on Left or Right side. This feature consumes little energy and is crucial if you're parked in a dark alley or on a dark curb. This is a feature found on many cars in Europe due to the narrow and dark streets. Helps make the car more visible at night."
I know that my 2006 GLI has this feature enabled by default. I've heard that 2005.5 Jettas also do. It can be enabled on the GTI.
If anyone has any more details that they feel are pertinent, please post up. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by svander at 7:42 PM 9-13-2006

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Re: L/R Parking Light Feature on MkVs (FUZE)

What is the question?
Park your car, turn off the lights, take out the key, turn the L/R blinker and open the door. If you hear the chime, it means it works (I guess, I was always too lazy to get out of the car
It works for me, but I have my DRL off and euroswitch installed.

·
Registered
636 Posts
This works on our 2006 Jetta TDI - was a standard feature

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: L/R Parking Light Feature on MkVs (maloosheck)

Quote, originally posted by maloosheck »
What is the question?

No question, I just made this thread for the F.A.Q. because there wasn't anything on this feature in there. Now there is... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...94709

·
Registered
580 Posts
Re: (FUZE)

Dumb question -- which side should you illuminate when you use this feature? The side closest to the road, or the side away from the road. Thanks.

·
Registered
20,984 Posts
Re: (TDI-4-RD)

Quote, originally posted by TDI-4-RD »
Dumb question -- which side should you illuminate when you use this feature? The side closest to the road, or the side away from the road. Thanks.

the side closest to the road....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Re: (mujjuman)

i use the one closest to the sidewalk

my gli gets more attention since mine are red..

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: (contagiouz)

Quote, originally posted by contagiouz »
i use the one closest to the sidewalk

my gli gets more attention since mine are red..

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Re: (cool_zu)

Quote, originally posted by cool_zu »
I may be dumb but here goes.....so when you get out of the car you turn on your r/l signal?

Yes, IIRC after you take your key out of the ignition, flip the stalk to illuminate the L or R signal, THEN get out of your car....and close the door.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Re: (rev18gti)

Quote, originally posted by rev18gti »

Yes, IIRC after you take your key out of the ignition, flip the stalk to illuminate the L or R signal, THEN get out of your car....and close the door.

If you flip your blinker lever either right or left it will illuminate. Regardless if the car is off. Tonight I turned it on while my windows were down & the alarm was activated to show a friend what it looked like.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.