VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Old man yelling at cloud
42,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In the Beginning, Hyundai sold the Tiburon, which was a coupe version of the Elantra sedan, with a naturally-aspirated four cylinder in the nose and resale values which would halve by the time that the car got its first Fly on A Windshield.
But Feeding the Fire of the Korean automaker's lineup overhaul in the United States is Hyundai's new RWD architecture, which is the basis for a premium luxury sedan and the Tiburon replacement, which is being referred to as the Concept Genesis Coupe. "Genesis" is the name being applied broad-brush to all models being spun off its new RWD architecture. It's part of Hyundai's whole brand-building campaign — the Genesis of a new Hyundai!

Although the name can change — we've heard that "Tiburon" isn't quite set in stone — the concept, when it's released, is basically what we'll be getting with some ground effects and a different hood. Strip those away, and you'll be looking at the production car. The concept will be revealed at the L.A. Auto Show on November 14th, but until then Hyundai's sent us some teaser sketches of the new car, descending rear window line and all.
Some see Hyundai's move into rear-drive cars as following the Way of the World, that they're taking years of brand equity as good, value-packed cars and Throwing it All Away, but we feel that Hyundai's product lineup is being crafted with a deft but Invisible Touch, and look forward to the company expanding into new markets.

·
Old man yelling at cloud
42,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Elbows)

Quote, originally posted by Elbows »
Hooray for pointless sketches...whats even better is when they list them as "design studies"...

Hey, I have a portfolio chock full of those "design studies." It just happens to say "Mead" on the cover, is held together with an ingenious coiled wire, and was with me when I got bored in study hall.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

Hey, I have a portfolio chock full of those "design studies." It just happens to say "Mead" on the cover, is held together with an ingenious coiled wire, and was with me when I got bored in study hall.

Heck, I've got a portfolio just like that with me when I'm sitting through pointless contemporary ethics lectures. Think Hyundai is hiring?

G

·
Re: (Mazda 3s)

Quote, originally posted by Mazda 3s »

IIRC, this wasn't an official sketch. Still, it looks pretty close--widen the center lower air inlet, and make the hood strakes more aggressive like the Sonata's, and I think you've got yourself a Tiburon.

·
Registered
2015 VW GTI SE
20,008 Posts
Re: LA Auto Show Teaser: Hyundai Genesis Coupe Previews Next Tiburon ([email protected])

In the Beginning, Hyundai sold the Tiburon, which was a coupe version of the Elantra sedan, with a naturally-aspirated four cylinder in the nose and resale values which would halve by the time that the car got its first Fly on A Windshield.
But Feeding the Fire of the Korean automaker's lineup overhaul in the United States is Hyundai's new RWD architecture, which is the basis for a premium luxury sedan and the Tiburon replacement, which is being referred to as the Concept Genesis Coupe. "Genesis" is the name being applied broad-brush to all models being spun off its new RWD architecture. It's part of Hyundai's whole brand-building campaign — the Genesis of a new Hyundai!

Although the name can change — we've heard that "Tiburon" isn't quite set in stone — the concept, when it's released, is basically what we'll be getting with some ground effects and a different hood. Strip those away, and you'll be looking at the production car. The concept will be revealed at the L.A. Auto Show on November 14th, but until then Hyundai's sent us some teaser sketches of the new car, descending rear window line and all.
Some see Hyundai's move into rear-drive cars as following the Way of the World, that they're taking years of brand equity as good, value-packed cars and Throwing it All Away, but we feel that Hyundai's product lineup is being crafted with a deft but Invisible Touch, and look forward to the company expanding into new markets.

Against all odds, will they offer a "Pseuseudio" option?

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Hyundai has this maddening fascination with sketches of ideas that may possibly become concepts, doesn't it?

Wes..what a topsy-turvy world...in which Hyundais look good...and BMWs look like bloated Hyundais.....sigh!

·
Banned
36,395 Posts
Re: (Professor Gascan)

Knowing Hyundai, the production version is going to look nothing like the one on the picture.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Re: LA Auto Show Teaser: Hyundai Genesis Coupe Previews Next Tiburon ([email protected])

In the Beginning, Fly on A Windshield, Feeding the Fire, Way of the World, Throwing it All Away, Invisible Touch

"He-he, get it?"

·
Registered
12,962 Posts
Re: (J-Tim)

Quote, originally posted by J-Tim »
Knowing Hyundai, the production version is going to look nothing like the one on the picture.

I hope not because the side view mirrors look like there isnt any reflective material in them....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: LA Auto Show Teaser: Hyundai Genesis Coupe Previews Next Tiburon (Zanardi.)

Quote, originally posted by Zanardi. »
Does anyone else see G37?

The designs have to come from somewhere...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.