VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my emissions tested and passed
I figured I'd snap some pics before the tear down in a couple of weeks. I know how much a lot of you hate the rear bumper, I know it's not to most people's liking, but I like it. I do have a new bumper for the next version, but you all can't see it until it's on. I also know that she needs some skirts and needs to get dropped, again those things are to be addressed in the next version as well as some other new goodies, but again, not until next year. I've just about used up all my $$$$ for the year, so for now this is all you get!

Old version 3.0
(skinny supermodel)

Latest version 4.0.02
(Lard A$$)

New amps from Blaupunkt 2x200W x4

XBox w/2 wired controllers and 2 wireless w/ memory card banks

New Recaro Style Seats

Current User Interface

Version 5.0 available Spring 2004

·
Banned
22,906 Posts
Re: Lard A$$ version 4.0.02 ... not compatible with 56K ... (ALPHAQGTI)

your car still looks weird without side skirts...and what the hell is this strip on the fender? whats wrong with you lol...
and your interior ...man..you better be able to transmit to nasa and see cameras on top of the moon or something hahaaa

·
Banned
4,852 Posts

the are not recaro's? what are they then?
does the rear bumper not match the rest? looks more flat silver to me
looks good, if ya didnt have the stickers i would like it more

Modified by TufGuy at 6:25 PM 10-20-2003

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Re: Lard A$$ version 4.0.02 ... not compatible with 56K ... (DubberFromCT)

where to begin....
ill be nice, i like your gauges, front bumper, and seats.
other than that i would have to say... what the hell?

wish i could put half that much money into my car...
hope your happy with it... but i guess your not or else you wouldnt be changing it again.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Lard A$$ version 4.0.02 ... not compatible with 56K ... (WRC Dorikin)

Quote, originally posted by WRC Dorikin »
your car still looks weird without side skirts...and what the hell is this strip on the fender? whats wrong with you lol...
and your interior ...man..you better be able to transmit to nasa and see cameras on top of the moon or something hahaaa

The stripe is Old School, sort of an inside thing here with the Chicago Dubbers. As soon as NASA decides to sponsor the car, I guess the Navigation will have to do.

Quote, originally posted by TufGuy »
the are not recaro's? what are they then?
does the rear bumper not match the rest? looks more flat silver to me
looks good, if ya didnt have the stickers i would like it more

They are Recaros they are called "Style." All the color matches, the light from the post is kinda orange. Ah yes the stickers, well most are required. Belive me I would have no stickers if it was entirely up to me.
Quote, originally posted by DubberFromCT »
Lower it. Put some mesh behind the grill. Stop changing the look.
IMO that was a perfect waste of a widebody kit. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Mesh behind the grill? Why? Well, again, it's not being built for anyone other than me. Sorry you don't like it. Maybe version 5.0 will be more to your liking.

·
Banned
4,852 Posts

i suppose if hte stickers are required, but **** you must have alot of sponsorship to do that...
i gotcha on the seats, i thought you meant recaro style seats, not the style is style and they are recaro's
uhm, kinda reminds me of manny's gti

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Lard A$$ version 4.0.02 ... not compatible with 56K ... (TufGuy)

Quote, originally posted by TufGuy »
i suppose if hte stickers are required, but **** you must have alot of sponsorship to do that...
uhm, kinda reminds me of manny's gti

If there's a sticker on the car, then that company has provided some sort of hella support, otherwise, no sticker. All the companies listed in my sig are sponosrs. BIG thanks to all my sponsors and a
too

Manny's car is still better.

Modified by ALPHAQGTI at 9:12 PM 10-20-2003

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.