VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my R to the track last week and my times were really crappy!!! My best time was 14.865. My worst time was 15.434, I wasnt paying attention lol! I only have a the GIAC and the flapper mod done. Maybe my R is just a slow one! Either that or being 4600 feet above sea level and 100 degrees out had something to do with it! Tell me what yall think! Maybe I should get that EIP stage 2 turbo? LOL!

· Registered
2,788 Posts
Re: Las Vegas weather sucks for track times!!! (SekziJimboR32)

Weather can really effect the performance of a car
My best time for my stock R32 was 14.5sec, but hopefully with the Revo and intake I can be in the low 14's

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Absolutely, Temperature, Humidity, and Altitude all affect performance ! The higher all these numbers get, the lower the performance you can expect. Traction, or lack of it, will also affect your times. The funny thing about this is you actually want a little wheel spin off the line to get the RPM's up to where the engine is making more power. But this is very tricky, too little spin you lose time, too much spin you lose time. It takes a lot of practice and trial and error to find out what works best on the track your using. Good Luck and try again.

Modified by JIMBO ROBERTS at 3:41 AM 9-8-2005

Modified by JIMBO ROBERTS at 3:42 AM 9-8-2005

· Registered
13,398 Posts
Driver experience with any particular car has a large affect as well. How many times have you been to the track? If it's been only a few times, then you have a lot of practice to do to get down where many of the more experienced drag racer R32 folks go.

· Registered
996 Posts

4600? either I missing something or you're off a bit. Were you on one of the nearby mountains? The track at the north-east side of town (near nellis) is nowhere near 4600. It's closer to half that.
Vegas facts:

Population: 880,000
Area: 85 sq mi (215 sq km)
Elevation: 2175ft (650m)
State: Nevada
Time Zone: Pacific Time (GMT/UTC minus 8 hours)
Telephone area code: 702
Anyway, you should head over to the track a month or 2 from now (when it's not 100+) and give it another shot. I bet your times will jump.

· Registered
256 Posts

The best time for a R in Vegas that I have seen is 14.5 and they both had GIAC and an intake.Here is a link http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1853404the heat and elevation of 2100 feet don't help much.

· Registered
1,369 Posts
Re: Las Vegas weather sucks for track times!!! (ChrisJGuzman)

Well, turbo might not help that much.
High Temperature + High Altitude + Turbo = http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Go VF stage 2, or NA

· Registered
2,971 Posts
Re: Las Vegas weather sucks for track times!!! (ChrisJGuzman)

I've been to The Strip here twice and 14.5 was my best. Those are the only times I've ever drag raced and I know there is a little room for improvement with experience. That said, there were 2 B6 S4s both chipped with exhaust running nearly identical times and an STi doing around 13.9-14.2...........

Modified by Zwagen1 at 7:44 AM 9-8-2005

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.