VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this information is readily available somewhere, but thought I'd just ask you guys. What are the last model years that the Passat Wagon was available with manual transmission (in the good old US of A)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I believe 09 was the last MY for manual transmission passats

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
472 Posts
I believe 09 was the last MY for manual transmission passats

Sent from my Galaxy SIII
I believe 09 was the last year for NA B6s with manual trannies per Bill's post.

Been thinking about a short shift kit for mine but a tad reluctant as I've read of pre-mature shifting cable wear, due to shorty kits, so I'm on the fence.

BTW... how 'rare' are manual B6s? I've only ever seen one other and i'm fairly active in my local dubbin scene.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe 09 was the last year for NA B6s with manual trannies per Bill's post.

Been thinking about a short shift kit for mine but a tad reluctant as I've read of pre-mature shifting cable wear, due to shorty kits, so I'm on the fence.

BTW... how 'rare' are manual B6s? I've only ever seen one other and i'm fairly active in my local dubbin scene.
I spent a good while looking for one here in Utah. They're practically unheard of.

·
Registered
20,183 Posts
I am sure this information is readily available somewhere, but thought I'd just ask you guys. What are the last model years that the Passat Wagon was available with manual transmission (in the good old US of A)?

Thanks.
2008 was the last year for a manual. This is only with the base turbo model. If you want a sunroof, then you're SOL. the options were heated seats & rear side airbags.\

2007 was the year if you wanted options.

2009 & 2010....no manual, period.

·
Registered
472 Posts
2008 was the last year for a manual. This is only with the base turbo model. If you want a sunroof, then you're SOL. the options were heated seats & rear side airbags.\

2007 was the year if you wanted options.

2009 & 2010....no manual, period.
Wow, so pretty rare. I wish I could find a source to find out how many manuals came to North America.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow, so pretty rare. I wish I could find a source to find out how many manuals came to North America.
I know that VW sold 3092 Passats in Canada in 2007 (vw annual sales records). So the rule of thumb would be that 20% of sales are wagons, meaning 618 for the year. I'd hazard a guess that 10% of those would be manual trannies, so you're down to about 62 manual wagons in Canada for 2007. I don't know where you are, but if you take the total sales number for your country (us is my guess?) then you can whittle it down the way I did.

If there were only 62 manual passat waggies sold in Canada in 2007, I wonder how many in my colour (shadow blue) with tan inside? I'm betting fewer than 10 since it seems most Passat wagons are on the silver side of the paint spectrum.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I know that VW sold 3092 Passats in Canada in 2007 (vw annual sales records). So the rule of thumb would be that 20% of sales are wagons, meaning 618 for the year. I'd hazard a guess that 10% of those would be manual trannies, so you're down to about 62 manual wagons in Canada for 2007. I don't know where you are, but if you take the total sales number for your country (us is my guess?) then you can whittle it down the way I did.

If there were only 62 manual passat waggies sold in Canada in 2007, I wonder how many in my colour (shadow blue) with tan inside? I'm betting fewer than 10 since it seems most Passat wagons are on the silver side of the paint spectrum.
id love to see how many of mine were made in 08 with the same color combo. i havent seen another one yet. black/tan sport and every other option aside from folding mirrors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts