VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (Daemon42)

Quote, originally posted by Daemon42 »
Good news for the resale value of the MkIV R32. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

ian

Or good news for people like me, who wanted that exact configuration. BOOYA, R32 here I come.

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (herbehop)

Quote, originally posted by herbehop »

This is where my biggest "beef" with having a DSG transmission exists. This is viewed as a car for enthusiasts, in my opinion, an enthusiast is also someone who likes to modify their cars to make them more powerful, handle better, and brake harder.
If the DSG transmission can't hold the power, is this car really meant for enthusiasts after all?
Once again, this is all based on my personal view of what an enthusiast actually is...

just my .02
-Marc

If you look back to the MkIV R32, it really widened the appeal of the R to a whole other group of enthusiasts besides VW-heads. There are people out there who own R's, but would never touch another VW. It was a special model that got lots of positive press. That's why I think the appeal of the MkV R32 is even greater than that of the MkIV, which didn't have much of a following other than Vortex when it launched here in 2004. You've now got a lot of people who aren't on Vortex, who know what an R32 is, and will be very interested in seeing this new one hit showrooms. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (thutty2)

Quote, originally posted by thutty2 »
You guys kill me! This car will be incredible in any iteration. VW will have no problem selling them to other people who know a good thing when they see it.. You guys will go back to the MKIV R32 forum and recontemplate why Goodyear F1's suck or something.

It's the same argument as when the MkIV R32 came out.
"The car is a pig."
"An EVO or STi are less and perform better."
And now, add this one:
"But it's an automatic!"
I think the fact that the car sold so well and is retaining its value shows that Vortex isn't the best place to judge how a car will be received. There's a wider population out there that wants a sporty car that isn't as punishing or singular in purpose as an EVO or STi and the R32 fits the bill perfectly.

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: (ashumo)

Quote, originally posted by ashumo »
http://www.seriouswheels.com/2...0.htm
does anyone know if we will see these seats?

I imagine we'll see the standard R32 seats, which are the same as the GTI Package 2 seats, except they have R logos instead of GTI logos. The seats in the picture are the optional Recaros. They'd be sweet, but they don't have side airbags--which is why VW/Audi have not brought them to the States.

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (bugzy)

Quote, originally posted by bugzy »

Just thinking of all the people on here that are unsatisfied with the choices, but probably realistically, arent even going to buy the car.

Completely agree. VWoA brought the configuration over that will sell the most cars--simple as that.
The R appeals to enthusiasts beyond Vortex, many of which want the latest technology (DSG) in the sportiest configuration (3 doors). VWoA made a smart decision.

Modified by U n i o n 0015 at 3:37 PM 7-26-2006

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
Currently looks like the only option on the R32 will be DVD-based Navigation, otherwise everything else is standard equipment (dual zone climatronic, leather interior, etc.,etc.). We will be getting the standard R32 seat which is similar to the leather sport seat in the GTI - the optional lightweight Recaro "shell" seats were never designed for the new occupancy detection system and would have to be reengineered and tested which neither VW nor Recaro want to blow big bucks on.
Expect pricing to be just under $33k.
-jamie

I wonder why they couldn't just throw in a different type of Recaro seat and slap some leather and an R logo on it? Not that I care too much...the GTI package 2 seats are both comfortable and sporty.
Any idea when we can expect an announcement from VWoA? I'm anxious to get my GTI sold and put a deposit on an R!

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (Sigfod)

Quote, originally posted by Sigfod »
I used to love stick I used to refuse to drive anything but a stick, but Traffic here has gotten so bad that I can't stand to drive a stick anymore. I LOVE my DSG simply amaizing especially in sport mode it is so intuitive that I even run Autocrosses in sport mode. The trans out thinks me it knows better than I do what gear it should be in. I know now my next car will be a DSG. Hello EOS.

I don't find Arlington traffic to be too bad. It's one of the easier 'burbs to get around. I used to live in Fairfax, and holy hell, going two miles can take 20 minutes!
Everytime I leave DC to go visit my parents in Virginia Beach, it makes me so furious I consider leaving my GTI on the side of the road. I-95 from DC to Fredericksburg is the worst strip of road with a manual transmission.

Which is why my next car, hopefully an R32, will be DSG!

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: (2.0tshadowgti)

Quote, originally posted by 2.0tshadowgti »

its nice to see u like reading brochures.... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Read Jamie's post on the first page. No R36, R32 only.
If you don't know who Jamie is, search the site. You'll find out he's a lot closer to VW than your source is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.