VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: (dfwvw)

This is great news for us that love our DSG's, but I can see why some of the 6MT devotees would be disappointed.
However, it should be remembered that the mere fact that VW has even decided to bring this car here is good news for VW enthusiasts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (aaaassss)

Hey, Jamie, do you think the US market R32 will ride higher than its European counterpart, just like the GTI? If that is the case, then someone better get a part # for the European springs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (BABDBAT)

Quote, originally posted by BABDBAT »
Add me to your list as one who has. Drove the new GTI equipped with it as well as the A3 and hated both... I felt childish looking down at the big fat P R D where a real car has a stick that reads R 1 2 3 4 5 and 6 not to mention a third pedal.
Its ok though enjoy driving your wanna be manual... the stick shift for the lazy

This is the sort of childish BS this forum could really do without. Let's deflate this crap about "real cars" right now:
1. Bugatti Veyron: No "stick," no "third pedal."

2. Ferrari Enzo: No "stick," no "third pedal."

3. Ferrari F430 and 599 GTB: No "stick," no "third pedal."

4. McLaren Mercedes SLR: No "stick," no "third pedal."

5. Every car on the F1 grid: No "stick," no "third pedal."

I'm guessing this list of cars falls short of what a "real" car is supposed to be for you?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (number9)

Quote, originally posted by number9 »

Sorry, i must disagree with this analogy, its not a very good one. Go drive either one of the cars you listed. I havent, but im willing to go out on a limb and say they are on a COMPLETELY different platform. Im just not going to bother further elaborating...if you dont realize how poor your analogy is then its pointless to further pursue this topic.

EDIT: Just to clarify, im not attempting to defend anyones argument by my reply...just attempting to point out a false argument.

Modified by number9 at 1:37 PM 6-3-2006
Perhaps you misunderstood my point. What I was attempting to point out was that none of the cars I listed are somehow "lesser" driver's cars because they have sequential or automated gearboxes. Simple as that. And I'm not sure if you are aware, but the Veyron has a DSG gearbox. Granted it has seven speeds and is built by the British engineering firm Riccardo, but it IS a DSG gearbox that workd in the same fashion as the one found in my GLI or the R32.

Modified by JettaGLI429 at 3:41 PM 6-3-2006

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (BABDBAT)

Quote, originally posted by BABDBAT »

I am sorry but are you implying that because your GLI has a similar transmission as the cars in your list a few posts back that it should be on the list as well?
Well, it is a similar transmission. I thought that was fairly clear. The shift lever in the Veyron even has a "DSG" logo stamped on it. But does my car belong on that list? Not in a million years. That's why those are called "sports cars." The GLI is certainly not a sports car, and neither is the R32.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: (OEMPlus)

Well said. Although I will probably be in the market for an R32 when it's released, I can understand your frustrations with the situation.
What I find peculiar, however, is the vast difference in ownership satisfaction that people have with their VW's. Having purchased a GLI, after years of B5 A4 ownership, I was actually pleasantly surprised by my VW dealer. To date, they have been courteous, responsive and timely in all they have done for me. And my GLI has been an absolute pleasure. I simply adore this car, and can only imagine that an R32 will be that much better.
Perhaps VW is listening, though. If the stories of the upcoming Scirocco 3.6 are to be believed, VW will offer it in both manual and DSG versions.
PS. Thanks for the DSG badge for my GLI!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: (pdxtomct)

Quote, originally posted by pdxtomct »
The R32 does not fit the luxury mold, which makes the decision to offer the car only with DSG all the more confusing...

That's very true, the R32 certainly doesn't fit the "introductory luxury" mold like a BMW 335i, or the TT for that matter, but for some reason VW chooses to stress that the car has "luxurious appointments". And it's not just in this market, either. Check out VW UK's website and you'll see the same thing there when you build an R32.
While I think we all love features in our cars like leather seats, climate control, NAV, and HID lights, we certainly don't buy our cars based on the fact that they have those features.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.