VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (June 1, 2006)... ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
Ok, here is the deal (and this is set in stone at this point)...
We will be getting a 250hp 3.2l VR6 Golf V R32 in a two-door configuration *with* DSG. I'll go out on a limb and predict the price point will be around $32k.

Not too bad. Like some of the others above, I really wanted this car to come with DSG. I thought it was a neat idea, and then one drive in a DSG MK V GTI was all it took to completely convince me. DSG for me!
The 5 door would have been nice, but the 3 door isn't bad, and I can certainly see why that's the better choice for VW as a company.
Quote »
So we should expect to see the Golf V R32 in two-door configuration and DSG here in July of 2007. *Maybe* a few years after that we'll see an R36 based on the new Golf VI/facelift and we'll naturally do our best to try and coax VW into offering what the majority of you want.
- jamie

That would be cool. If a facelift R36 comes out in, say 2009 or so, that will most likely be right on time for a new car for me!
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: (melanotaenia)

Quote, originally posted by melanotaenia »
\
because it should have a stick in the middle console to shift through the gears

Which DSG has.

-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (TurboladerVW)

Quote, originally posted by TurboladerVW »
Edit:Just read another thread on this but ill leave what i originally put to prove that more than one dealership has been told there will be an R36.

I know that whether the R32 will still be an R32 was in question and i thought that it was going to be called the R32 but when i was at the dealer yesterday the guy was trying to get me to buy an 06 GTI, i told him id only trade mine in for something with 4-motion and he told me that the R36 was coming out around this fall... i told him i thought it was going to be an R32 still and he insisted it was an R36... so is he just misinformed or is VW really going to make it an R36 in the states?

Modified by TurboladerVW at 9:50 PM 8-1-2006

HE IS MISINFORMED.
Maybe we need to keep putting this on every page of this thread or something, but again:
THERE WILL BE NO r36 IN THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE.
This comes right from VAG, through Jamie to us. They were considering it, and did some testing, but for a number of reasons, the biggest of which being that the transmissions that they have that will support the power of the 3.6l VR6 will not fit in the MKV Golf chassis - the housings are too big. If they get that sorted, it is possible (though remotely) that we might see an R36 sometime in the future - possibly as a MKVI, possibly as a finale to the MKV line, but doubtful.
Dealers can say whatever they want, but this comes from VW through Jamie, and historically, that's been a pretty reliable source for this type of information.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (zZ'ing Dub)

Quote, originally posted by zZ’ing Dub »
you know that setup ,your talking about .... well the dsg is on my R32.. i also have that car TT'ed twin garrett gt 28 , gt 32.... my wifes passat has dsg...i also took the hpa TT kit to that car too..... i have pics , i just cant load the the file
and im working on my own kit for the W8... i bought a motor off ebay for 6K , its in perfect working order.. with 60k miles
i want to put a twin turbo setup on that to
im hoping for some serious power... if the whole thing works to my liking i will sell it...

Not to disbelieve you or anything, but where did you get a DSG box put on your R32?
Also, who did you find to build you a turbo setup like you're talking about?
Also, a twin turbo kit on a Passat?
I think you might want to support what you're saying a little more than you have if you'd like people to believe you.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (trixxivr6)

Quote, originally posted by trixxivr6 »
*****VERIFIED******
The R32 will be in the US next year and will be recieving them in a 4 door model as well....that's right! We are getting a MKV 4 door R32

Peace http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

It's nice that some random guy who works for VW told you this, but I will believe it when we hear it through official channels or through Jamie, and not before. The amount of different things that get heard from different people who work for various parts and levels of the VW organization is absolutely staggering.
Now, don't get me wrong - I would REALLY love to hear that we're getting a 4 door R32, as a 4-door DSG is what I would choose if ordering one, but I am not going to get my hopes up until I hear it from a reliable source. I'm not calling you a liar or insulting you, or anything like that. It's just that we have no way of knowing who this guy actually was and if he was telling the actual truth when he told you that. I'd like to believe it, but I will wait and see. Jamie has about a 100% history with this kind of stuff, and I'll trust that.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (PhReE)

And it's powered by dilithium crystals, running through a flux capacitor that runs on garbage, thanks to Mr. Fusion!!!!!!!!oneone!1
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (nobbyv)

Quote, originally posted by nobbyv »

Are you a retard?

Nope, just a troll.
Ignore him.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (CrAzY cAr)

Quote, originally posted by CrAzY cAr »
I am so sad that the R32 is coming in DSG. Automatic is boring.

Have you driven a DSG car? Because, frankly, I was kind of worried about that too, but not after one spirited drive in a DSG GTI.
It is NOT like driving a torque-converter based traditional auto.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (CrAzY cAr)

Quote, originally posted by CrAzY cAr »
Yes I have driven a DSG and it was cool, but I enjoy driving stick a lot more. Manual lets you have more control over the transmission. I haven't driven DSG on the highway. Just some sprints around the neighborhood and I doubt you can drop the car into 3rd gear doing 80mph like I do with my 5 speed. I just like shifting better and it keeps people from driving my car.

Ok. Cool.
I just hate it when people bash the tranny and they haven't even driven one.
And as to the downshifting into 3rd at 80mph thing, sure it will let you do that - it will let you do anything that won't over-rev the engine. The only thing you're really loosing as far as car control is the ability to feather the clutch a bit here and there, but you don't really need that - you control the throttle input totally with the accelerator instead.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (needsmospeed)

Quote, originally posted by needsmospeed »
So there is no hope whatsoever that the MKV R32 will ever be available in the US as a 6MT? Do you think they will release a 6MT in US after first year like BMW is doing with the new M5?

-Alex B.

No, no, and no.
Not to be a jerk, but this is coming from VWoA, through Jamie.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (BluJet55)

Quote, originally posted by BluJet55 »
I know R32s do not have fogs. But, I was wondering if you can take the S6 LED daytime running lights. The 10 lights in there grill and transfer them to the R32? Don't bite my head off...just asking a question...AND I searched

Well, since no one here has a MKV R32 yet, I doubt that anyone will be able to completely answer that for you, but I would think that with enough ingenuity, you should be able to do it.
How clean it will look, and how well it will work will be up to you, though - it won't be a simple "plug it in and turn a couple of screws" type thing.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: (2.0tshadowgti)

Quote, originally posted by 2.0tshadowgti »
well i just got done talikng to HUVER from vw of germany he' s a quality control inspector he was at my dealership and according to him the us will definitely get the r36 with 300hp he said the r32 was for europe market only, so im still confused although he unquestionably argue with me that to rest assured were getting the 3.6 w/300hp so maybe vw is looking out for us.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Some random dude from Germany does not make official statements for VW.
We are NOT getting a MKV R36. It is NOT going to happen, as the tranny that they would need to use with that engine does NOT fit with the current MK V Radiator support, and VW is not going to engineer a new piece just for a limited run of cars like the R36 would be.
We are getting a 2 door, DSG R32, and that is IT.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: (2.0tshadowgti)

Quote, originally posted by 2.0tshadowgti »
its nice to see u like reading brochures.... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Like it was mentioned above, this information comes to us from VWOA and VAG, through Jamie (who may or may not actually be a girl...). Jamie's information has always been 100% accurate in the past, when it came to the MKIV R32, the 337, the 20th AE, etc. I will trust what he says, thanks.
Also, if this guy told you that the MKV R32 was for the european market only, I think that there are a few people on here from places like Hong Kong, Austrailia, and other parts of the world who would be willing to argue with him.
-Tim

Modified by SilverSLC at 9:11 PM 11-1-2006

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: (one swell foop)

Quote, originally posted by one swell foop »
from what I understand DSG trannys still don't hold up as long as the gearbox in a Manual tranny, even if you don't thrash either one of them.

Which is funny, because the actual transmission unit that the DSG uses (the gearset, etc) are the same as some of the manuals that VW uses. Only the DSG clutches, control unit, and housing are different.
Where does your information come from?
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: (one swell foop)

Quote, originally posted by one swell foop »
my info comes from watching the failure rate on autos and tiptronic trannys that VW has produced so far.

Ahh.
Ok.
Then did you know what I was talking about above? Because the internals of the DSG transmission are NOTHING like any auto or tippy transmission that they have ever produced. It's basically a manual gearbox in a different housing with some added stuff tacked on.
The historical failure rates of VW auto trannies have nothing to do with the DSG.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: (wsutiger79)

Quote, originally posted by wsutiger79 »
But when I see brand new, off the boat VW's that have already had their DSG transmission fail it makes me nervous.

I am honestly not trying to be an ass here, but I would be interested to know about the cars that you've seen with bad transmissions off the boat. How did you encounter these cars? Do you work at a dealership? Do you work at a port? Do you know people that bought cars that had bad transmissions in them? Did you buy one?
I would be really interested to hear any stories that you have about it.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (vedipus)

It's a magazine. Take that with a grain of salt.
There are all sorts of rumors flying around on what the "Golf RSI" may or may not be. We don't know anything solid yet, and personally, I will believe it when we hear it either from VW directly, or through Jamie - not before.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (vedipus)

Quote, originally posted by vedipus »
Well VW in Britain has announced a price and knows exactly how many cars it will get. That seems a lot more solid than some spy pics and a paragraph of conjecture. Did you read my post?

I did read your post. You stated that your information comes from Volkswagen Driver magazine, which, as far as I know, is a publication of Autometrix Publications, and not VW of Britain or anywhere else.
Sure, they can claim that they have information about this, but every magazine everywhere claims stuff like that all the time. I, at least, am going to wait until we have information from an official source about this before I believe anything. That was my point.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (Pizza_Dough)

Quote, originally posted by Pizza_Dough »

1 question, why would you want an, esentially street legal race car, to cart around your family?

This car is not a race car, and is nothing like driving a race car. In fact, one of the most common criticisms of it is that it's too soft when compared to the Evo and STi. It's more of a GT than a balls-out sportscar.
Quote »

I have never seen someone driving around town to drop of kids at school, and go food shopping in an M3.

Come to my area sometime! Those things are all over the damn place.

Quote »

Also, to shut up either my frind or me does the r32 come with stock turbo???

Modified by Pizza_Dough at 10:47 PM 6-28-2007

No. It is a naturally aspirated VR6.
-Tim

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (VR6Ole)

Quote, originally posted by VR6Ole »

Thanks for your utmost professionalism and courtesy, oh you're from Jersey that explains everything.
You must have a big family, kids, and wife too maybe?

Your post makes me worry about some of the people buying VWs. Go back to buying run done Civics with fart pipes.

Modified by VR6Ole at 2:35 PM 7-2-2007

Not needed.
-Tim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.