VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 763 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do you guys get a raw deal or what!!! The bean counters at VW need there heads read, don't they understand that the US is the largest car market in world. 250 million people don't these pin heads at VW like making money.
Here in Oz where getting all the R32 models DSG, manual, 3 & 5 Door and we don't even have the population of one of your small cities. Hope u guys don't take this lying down.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Re: (965WRC)

Quote, originally posted by 965WRC »

Here in Oz where getting all the R32 models DSG, manual, 3 & 5 Door and we don't even have the population of one of your small cities. Hope u guys don't take this lying down.

It is kind of odd, isn't it? Like I said above, I personally favor the DSG transmission, so I'm not disappointed in that part of the equation. However, it seems like VW consistently misreads the U.S. market . . . or doesn't care.

The U.S. does have stringent safety and emissions laws, but they're no longer that different than the rest of the world. I really can't understand the configuration/powerplant decisions that VW makes, nor do I believe that it makes any sense at all for the U.S. to consistently receive cars like the R32 only as they are nearing the end of their production cycle.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (GELIKEYMRSR32)

You guys kill me! This car will be incredible in any iteration. VW will have no problem selling them to other people who know a good thing when they see it.. You guys will go back to the MKIV R32 forum and recontemplate why Goodyear F1's suck or something.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (Daemon42)

Quote, originally posted by Daemon42 »
Good news for the resale value of the MkIV R32. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

ian

Having owned a MkIV R32 since the dawn of time...and driven DSG in a GTI... I'd say the MkV R32 + DSG is a great combination. I'd buy one if I was in the market.
Notice however...I'm NOT in the market

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (thutty2)

Quote, originally posted by thutty2 »
You guys kill me! This car will be incredible in any iteration. VW will have no problem selling them to other people who know a good thing when they see it.. You guys will go back to the MKIV R32 forum and recontemplate why Goodyear F1's suck or something.

It's the same argument as when the MkIV R32 came out.
"The car is a pig."
"An EVO or STi are less and perform better."
And now, add this one:
"But it's an automatic!"
I think the fact that the car sold so well and is retaining its value shows that Vortex isn't the best place to judge how a car will be received. There's a wider population out there that wants a sporty car that isn't as punishing or singular in purpose as an EVO or STi and the R32 fits the bill perfectly.

·
Registered
772 Posts

Indeed, it is in our nature to whine.
Why deprive others of the joy by confining it to just one forum?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (U n i o n 0015)

Quote, originally posted by U n i o n 0015 »
Or good news for people like me, who wanted that exact configuration. BOOYA, R32 here I come.

You can have it.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts

Spoken by the owner of a GTI...not that theres anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Like it or not, Sequential Transmissions are the future. For the majority of drivers out there, they just perform better and people like them, including myself.
For all you horespower guys out there, I'm sure the aftermarket will develop something to strengthen the trannys to hold more power. If you have money going into your engine a couple more thousand into the tranny should not be an issue.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Re: (NY SLC 93)

Quote, originally posted by NY SLC 93 »
Why would they not offer it in both transmission combinations. I'm skeptical. I bet we'll get some 6-spd's

Jamie previously mentioned that this wouldn't happen. They would have to certify two different cars in the US to make this happen and its not worth it because they are only bringing 5,000 units over - Certifying two cars would add a couple thousand dollars onto the price just to give people an option.
-Marc

·
Registered
640 Posts
Re: Latest Golf V R32 model Update (Mehr_PSI)

If you really want a 2 - door i would just tough it out. I got my jetta to use after my second son was born....I later got the 2 door(last aug) and my sons were 3 and 4 and I wouldn't have it any other way. Of course we have an envoy for family trips and such
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
P.S. I love 6M! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: (herbehop)

Quote, originally posted by herbehop »

Jamie previously mentioned that this wouldn't happen. They would have to certify two different cars in the US to make this happen and its not worth it because they are only bringing 5,000 units over - Certifying two cars would add a couple thousand dollars onto the price just to give people an option.
-Marc

I think that the manual option would have helped to move more units though, in that it might convince current Mk IV R owners to move to the newer platform and bring the price closer for those that were contemplating the purchase need.
Dsg Auto-Magic ain't my cup o' Tea Shift, too uninvolved. Paddle shifting can be found in many other main stream cars today (Pontiac ).. Sure not the same transmission but they share the same Gimmic.... at least it's still a Dub though
that's my rant

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

You know what I traded for the GTI? A MKIV R32!

So you traded a car with 4 wheel drive and more power for a car with less power and front wheel drive?

41 - 60 of 763 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.