VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VWoA has issued TSB 37 06 06, dated 8 December 2006, to enable Launch Control on ALL 2007 model year Jetta GLIs and GTIs with DSG transmissions that were not factory enabled. The TSB involves flashing the Mechatronics Unit firmware using CD W42DQ250RD2.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Re: Launch Control Retrofit TSB... (visortgw)

Quote, originally posted by visortgw »
VWoA has issued TSB 37 06 06, dated 8 December 2006, to enable Launch Control on ALL 2007 model year Jetta GLIs and GTIs with DSG transmissions that were not factory enabled. The TSB involves flashing the Mechatronics Unit firmware using CD W42DQ250RD2.

Why would it just be GTI's and GLI's? I would like this on my 2.0T DSG Jetta as well.

·
Banned
7,439 Posts
Would the TSB be available at dealers as we type?

As for the Jetta 2.0T...maybe I'm right or maybe I'm wrong, but was Launch Control going to be standard for 2007 Jetta 2.0T's to begin with?

Modified by jxmoth at 4:32 PM 12-21-2006

·
Registered
909 Posts
Re: (svander)

Quote, originally posted by svander »
It's true.
Please bare in mind that this is slated only for 2007 MY cars. Not for 2006 vehicles.
There have been unconfirmed reports of 2006 vehicle owners being able to get the flash applied with success though.

If you have an06', What effects would this have on VAG-com Changes?, if any?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Launch Control Retrofit TSB... (Willie Frazier)

Quote, originally posted by Willie Frazier »

Why would it just be GTI's and GLI's? I would like this on my 2.0T DSG Jetta as well.

Verbatim from the TSB:
Jetta GLI, 2007, All (engines), 6 Spd. (02E), VIN range 1K_7M000001 to 1K_7M034823
GTI, 2007, All, 6 Spd. (02E), VIN range 1K_7W000001 to 1K_7W064999
Newer VINs are factory enabled.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Re: (EM06GTI)

Quote, originally posted by EM06GTI »

If you have an06', What effects would this have on VAG-com Changes?, if any?

Yes, I have an 06; I haven't even tried to have this applied to my car.
This is completely independent from any Vag Com changes you can make to your car. Vag Com does not have access to the transmission control module.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Re: Launch Control Retrofit TSB... (visortgw)

to all those who attacked my previous statements and knowledge ya ll can sux it..nobody wanted to believe me and attacked where i was getting my info well now everybody knows whose really got theyre info staight..... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: Launch Control Retrofit TSB... (2.0tshadowgti)

is this going to cost anything?

·
Banned
'21 Kona EV, '21 Bolt
3,955 Posts
Re: Launch Control Retrofit TSB... (2.0tshadowgti)

Quote, originally posted by 2.0tshadowgti »
to all those who attacked my previous statements and knowledge ya ll can sux it..nobody wanted to believe me and attacked where i was getting my info well now everybody knows whose really got theyre info staight..... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Cept they don't have to pay $500

·
Registered
717 Posts
Re: Launch Control Retrofit TSB... (BumbleBeeJBG)

ya well at the time it wasnt available to the public either, i told everyone it wouldnt void any warranty, and that it was possible to do this procedure, but everybody on here swears that know it all and like to doubt the people who actually work for the company..

1 - 20 of 540 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.