VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a leaky sunroof issue over the weekend. I was driving in rainy weather on I-80 in Sacramento and water started pouring (very steady drip) out of corner of the compass module on Saturday. A few minutes later it started dripping out of another plastic seam towards the rear view mirror. The head liner also started getting saturated near the compass. I took it to the dealer Monday to fix some other issues, and they said they could not replicate the leak problem, but that they did blow out the drain plugs. I guess my question would be, even if the drains were blocked, how would water get down the head liner and into the compass area? I look and it appears that the only holes in the sunroof tray are on the sides, which I assume are the drain holes. Did my dealer really do anything by blowing out the drain holes? Additionally, I have only had my Treg for 2 months and have not used the sunroof much due to the weather this year.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Re: Leak near compass module? (raudikal)

I actually had to have the entire sunroof system replaced on my 2004 because of the very same leak you're talking about.
You dealer wasn't able to recreate the problem???? Did they run a hose over it?? That's all it took for my problem to be replicated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Leak near compass module? (TREGinginCO)

I have to go back next week for the dealer to replace the gear shifter cover than has for some reason gone missing into the center console and a broken cup holder. I will make sure they re-test the leak problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts