VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

These pics are apparently from Poland, so details may be different from US-spec, but most likely this is the basic body we'll get. Not nearly as radical as the Furia concept, but it does look more substantial than the current car. The front pic is at such an odd angle that it's hard to judge proportion...it makes the grille look massive.

-Andrew L

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I hate Toyota, but that looks damn good. Successfully mixed swoops and edges.

·
Banned
2,203 Posts
To no surprise it's still safe though. I can't picture Toyota turning their bread and butter into a Molester or other offbeat vehicle. Maybe they'd take their chances if they still produced the SR-5 though.

·
Registered
Plain Vanilla - no kicks!
12,587 Posts
I...like it... if the Rav4 is anything to judge by the interior should be full of win as well.

Watch it still use a 4AT thou...
Still better than the 3AT that was in my '93! Actually, this is the best looking Corolla since the '93 E100.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Anything is an improvement over the previous model, but this is a mess of a design IMHO. Just because it is better looking than the last Corolla doesn't make it attractive. :D

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
I just can't seem to get behind this new Toyota design, which started with the New Camry.

I mean, I know it's cleaner than old designs, but the whole "headlights blend into swoopy grill" thing just doesn't hack it for me.

Either way, it looks much better than the old one. I rented a few of those, and they were truly terrible cars (from an enthusiast standpoint).

·
Registered
Plain Vanilla - no kicks!
12,587 Posts
Now that I stare at it more, I see a lot of Accord design elements there.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts