VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive side-view mirror Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

• Haha
Reactions: mikegilbert

·
Premium Member
'08 Saab 9-3, '66 Vespa
9,332 Posts
Oh, it's actually not too bad looking. The rear bumper lumps are a bit odd, but I like it a lot more than the standard one, probably because they got rid of those weird triangles on the front bumper.

·
Registered
2023 Subaru Outback
5,337 Posts

·
Registered
Old junk
8,343 Posts
Feel like I've seen these pics before and they were disputed to be a Chinese bodykit or something.

Anyway the removal of physical HVAC controls was the final straw for me with BMW. I won't be buying one of these out of warranty.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
It's pretty surprising to me that the leaked Chinese supplier photo of the front bumper a year or so ago turned out to be spot on.

Front end is decent to me, not gorgeous, but OK. Mean. Everything is mean these days, must be a sign of the times. Profile seems good, same as the M240i but with some flare, not bad. Not a huge fan of how the skirts integrate into the rear fenders. That kind of reminds me of the 981 and 982 Porsches that always screamed "get production costs down!" to me. Rear looks not great, though I'll reserve judgement until seeing some better photos from more angles. From this angle the rear bumper just looks weird.

I'm sure it'll be a great driving car and with an available manual I still think it'll be a winner.

·
Super Moderator
7,205 Posts
I am okay with the side profile.

I don’t like the front very much, the headlight shape is… unpleasant.

I HATE the rear styling. Sorry, “styling”. Small lights, big boxy lumps on the ends of the bumpers that arent integrated with anything at all, just a jumble of curvy blobs and pronounced edges.

…still bet it’s a good driver.

·
Premium Member
13,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm trying to be less critical of cars these days, so I'm not going to talk about how the color accentuates how slab sided this is, how the front and rear ends get worse every time I see them, or just how generally "Body-Kits.com" this thing looks

Or how German automakers don't seem to be able to do anything design wise besides either super minor iterations or making each gen uglier than the last

Nope not gonna talk about any of that. Let me say something nice. I'm sure it will "perform well"

• Haha
Reactions: andlf and tone228

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
30,098 Posts
BMW, you’re almost circa 2000s GM dead to me. I can’t believe the words I’m typing out. WTF is wrong with you people?
Agreed. They don’t make anything that gets me excited, and haven’t for some time. Good for them for chasing what sells, but I haven’t been in their target demographic for a long time.

1 - 20 of 282 Posts