VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been raining alot recently here in Michigan, and all of a sudden i start noticing water dripping from around the homelink system and under the dial that controls the sunroof like it starts dripping and also it drips from around the underpart of the overhead compass/ clock display. any thoughts/ideas???? is this covered by warrenty??

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Re: Leaking all around homelink system and dial for sunroof (v8touareg)

Quote, originally posted by v8touareg »
any thoughts/ideas????

bummer.
Quote, originally posted by v8touareg »
is this covered by warrenty??

yes.

·
Registered
47,702 Posts

Probably blocked sunroof drains. More likely than a leaky windshield gasket. Have the dealer clear them out and soon.

·
Registered
47,702 Posts
Re: Leaking all around homelink system and dial for sunroof (spockcat)

One other place you could get a leak from is the roof rails. Unlikely but it is the only other penetration in the roof that I can think of. If it isn't the sunroof drains or windshield gasket, the dealer should probably check the roof rail system. Maybe a missing screw or additional hole that wasn't plugged.

·
Registered
420 Posts

If you have Onstar the antenna is located in the front of the roof. That could very likely cause a leak.

·
Registered
47,702 Posts
Re: Leaking all around homelink system and dial for sunroof (Silver Fox)

I should have read his signature to see he had OnStar also. Yet another possible leak source.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Leaking all around homelink system and dial for sunroof (spockcat)

well i checked at the dealer and they could not duplicate the problem and said they can't take anytihng apart if there is no problem so they wouldnt even open it up to see where the water has been. but i would liek to say that my car will be serviced at the dealer because the ignition housing is broken. when i go to turn the car on the entire modual turs with the key freely. so they estimate 2- 3 weeks assesment then soem mroe time for parts.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Got a digital camera? Next time it rains, use movie mode to collect the evidence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts